• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 iqr wiring

K
Sep 19, 2009
On my 05 IQR handle bars I have a three will flat plug with a Yellow/Green/Yellow-Red stipe. Is this for my high/low headlights.
I do not have the stock head lights in the sled or the high/low switch on my hadle bars, so Iam thinking that is what it is.

Part 2: I put oil injection on my IQR and run the 440 sled wiring on the body and put a stock o6 600 ho. with stock motor wiring what wires do I hook up to make the low oil sending unit work. The sled did not come with the stock tack But I have one now out of a 02 rmk.
Thanks
Kerry

Jan 10, 2008
Whoa, two Kerrys. That's a trip. Make sure that your tach is a 6 pulse. I'm not sure that an 02 is. I will get you the diagram on the headlight. As far as the low oil indicator, I believe that you have to run new wires to the hood. I will check on that also, as for right now I have to head to work.

Kerry

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
This is what I get for searching snowest during family functions. Owned by my Blackberry.

What I orginally was respnding to was the 6 pole tach. All twin/tripple tachs from 98- present are 6 pulse. The oil light can be connected to your premium light as you orginally suggested.

3 wire plug on your bars is indeed the high/low beam switch. You can still use it even on aftermarket headlights, its just a 2 position switch that carries differing voltage on either side of the switch.

Last edited:
K
Sep 19, 2009
That tach is a six pulse it said that on the back of it. It does not say "Low Oil" but i can use the Prem Gas light for a low oil as long as I know what it means. Ya you don't run into too many Kerry's That have IQR's. Thanks for any info can get me.

K
Sep 19, 2009
Cool that's what I thought on the high low wiring. Now can anyone tell me what wires I need to connect to make the low oil light work? Do I need to tie into my 600 ho wiring harness? Run new wires? I do not have a clue so you will need to all most draw it out for me. I do not want to mess up.
Thanks
Kerry

Also what color wire of the three from that plug goes to my after market head light Pos.side.
I know that brown is the ground.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Premium Features