• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yz450fx fork spring install.

Dec 17, 2016
So I have a 2016 yz450fx that I bought stiffer fork springs for, problem is Ive never changed fork springs and would really like to do it while the forks are still on the bike. Ive looked on You Tube for a video and can't seem to find one. Anyone have a link to an instructional video to change out those springs for a dummy?:)
Thanks!

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
I realize it a less attractive option now that you have the springs but, have you considered the airprofork? It works great on my stock FX..

H
Nov 14, 2016
Golden, BC
i've done it before...to replace springs, you'll have to take some of your fork apart, which means having to refill some oil... as long as you have a clean area to work in, it's not too bad...as stated, youtube is a great resource..you will need some hand tools: a vise, wrenches, sockets,.. if you intend on replacing springs often then buy the tools..if not, go to a dealer or reputable friend and dish out for the time and fluid: money or beverages..

Premium Features