• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMXBK CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME BIKE KIT

CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Do they make their own skid? Look good. What track do they use?

Yes, it is all CMX parts. We build the rear skid with CMX/IceAge rails and Raptor shocks. We are currently using the YETI 2 1/2" radius-ed track in 3 lengths: 120" 129" and 137" all 12 1/2" wide. Please check out our CMX facebook page for more information, pictures and videos. Thanks,

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
PRICING:
$6495.00 120"
$6795.00 129"
$7295.00 137"
Get your orders in now for fall delivery. Contact Crazy Mountain Motorsports Inc. Phone: 406-686-4921 email: info@crazymtn.com

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

M
Jan 14, 2004
I have to agree, I'm interested in knowing more about the kits but just not interested in the FB thing at all so bottom line is, vendors need real websites, just saying.

M5

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
I don't get it, why do vendors wana use facebook? all its for is for that fat kid that got a stink finger from the choir teachers kid back in high school to try and find a date to his 25 class reunion. real vendors use a real way of showing/describing there product. using a facebook post shows me they/you don't wana put real time to showcase your product

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
I don't get it, why do vendors wana use facebook? all its for is for that fat kid that got a stink finger from the choir teachers kid back in high school to try and find a date to his 25 class reunion. real vendors use a real way of showing/describing there product. using a facebook post shows me they/you don't wana put real time to showcase your product
A smart vendor would utilize both. Social media is huge right now. Who wouldn't pass up advanced word of mouth "free" advertising.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
grown ups do the work thats needed to sell there product my 14 year old daughter is on faceook. social media is for people that dont have anything better to do, brag about your kids football game, fine thats cool, all day everyday, thats whats its fore a well established company trying to sell an adult products to adults, use adult ways. my grandpa turned 160 of land into a 4000 acre farm that provided for his family, i bet the john deere dealership never tweeted him about the new combine that came out, they ran an ad in the paper, or sent out a come check out what we got flyer. peole are getting lazy and dont wana do "leg work" anymore. i guess why do something for yourself when you can get someelse to do it for you

R
Dec 10, 2012
Revelstoke B.C.Canada
CMX

2015 CMXBK PRESS RELEASE
We started building sleds in 1991 because we knew we could build a better snowmobile for back country mountain riding than what the major manufacturers were producing. High-quality , high performance, light weight, efficiency and reliability were, and still are, our goals for building Crazy Mountain Xtreme (CMX) snowmobiles.
We are very excited about our Crazy Mountain Xtreme Bike Kit (CMXBK). We are applying the same fundamental practices building these kits as we do building CMX Snowmobiles. We never look for the cheapest parts to build our products, we look for the best parts. We build things the way that we would want them for our own use, because we don't just build them, we ride them too and we want the best.
We are applying the same technology that we have learned with our 20 plus years of experience building CMX snowmobiles to the CMXBK. This is why the CMXBK looks like a snowmobile with motorcycle mounted in the middle (2 skis up front and a track in the rear). Just like our CMX snowmobiles, we are building the CMXBK for back country mountain riding.
The chassis assembly of the CMXBK is built from CNC machined aluminum parts. This design and manufacturing procedure lends itself to a very high level of precision. Our R&D team learned that mounting the track system as far forward as possible is a huge advantage. By having the chassis mounted further forward, it puts the rider weight in a better position, which greatly improves handling. Our bike adapter is 1-1/4" thick billet aluminum. The adapter mounts to the motorcycle, and the CMXBK chassis mounts to the bike adapter. This allows for multiple mounting positions. Different bikes with different style of rear suspensions will dictate how far forward the CMXBK chassis can be mounted and still maintain clearance between the track and the frame. The CMXBK was designed to have a compliant link rod (not rigid mounted to the bike). By using a polyurethane bushing in the end of the link rod, it allows for movement between the CMXBK chassis and the bike in the event of the rear suspension bottoming out. The link rod is aluminum tube and has left hand threads on one end and right hand on the other, so it can be adjusted without removing it.
IceAge/CMX rails combined with correct rear suspension geometry provide a very shallow attack angle, which will improve the ability to get up on the snow. This geometry also maintains perfect track tension as it goes through its travel. Our rear suspension with a scissor-style rear torque arm will soak up the bumps as well as provide transition to lift the front-end for a very light feeling, playful riding style. Raptor Performance coil-over shocks are the only shocks we use on both the CMX sleds as well as the CMXBK.
The CMXBK track has a 2-1/2" tall center lug with a 2" outer lug, and is 12-1/2" wide. This design makes for great trail manners as well as making it a great deep-snow track. We have 3 track lengths available; 120", 129" & 137".
The Raptor Performance X2 front suspension is standard equipment for the CMXBK. We tested the X2 twin ski design in April of 2014, and knew it was a home run. The control and confidence that it gives the rider is amazing. It has been a real pleasure working with Raptor to perfect the ski design for this system. It utilizes two 7" wide skis. First time riders can run top gear on the trail the first day of riding. Off-trail riding is even better. It holds a side hill better than any ski we have ridden and you can dive into a downhill carve and not have the front-end push out. There is also very little drag with the twin ski design, so it increases performance as well.
CMX built the first belt drive system to be used on a production built snowmobile in 1999. We also offered it in kit form for all brands of snowmobiles. We realized the performance benefits of a belt drive system over a chain drive system with the very first one we built. The belt drive system on the CMXBK is the best one we have built to date. We started with a clean sheet of paper. The 1/2" thick CNC'd aluminum plate that bolts to the side of the chassis not only houses the belt drive system, it also adds rigidity to the chassis. We chose to run a right side drive for our secondary drive to create a more balanced system. The hubs on the jackshaft that the bearings ride on are 9.3" from bearing to bearing. This balances the load to the track that starts at the countershaft sprocket on the bike. It also puts less torsional load on the chassis and bearings because it carries the load on bearings that are 9.3" apart. The aluminum trackshaft has a 1-1/8" hex. The jackshaft and the trackshaft are one-piece units made from 7075 T6 billet aluminum. This means the hubs that the sprockets and brake disc mount to are part of the shaft. Because our sprockets and brake disc bolt directly to hubs, our design eliminates the need for splines. This also eliminates the problem of wear that takes place between sprockets and shafts with splines.
The entire team (engineering, machine, fabrication, welding, assembly and test pilots) at CMX put a lot of thought into the design of the CMXBK and we are very proud of what we have to offer. We are confident that you will like it too. Let's ride!
PRICING:
$6495.00 120"
$6795.00 129"
$7295.00 137"
Get your orders in now for fall delivery. Contact Crazy Mountain Motorsports Inc. Phone: 406-686-4921 email: info@crazymtn.c<WBR>om

<ABBR>August 7 at 9:34am</ABBR> · Public

Audra Jyll Fairchild and 37 others like this.

Premium Features