• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

on a 250?

M
Dec 29, 2007
thinkin the explorer kit is pretty damn cool lookin. but i ride a husky TE250, is there enough power there for the conversion? i see everyone runs 450 or bigger bikes. how about a wide ratio trans.? is it better to have the close or wide gears?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Ride one.

Hook up with someone here or Thumpertalk and ride their different machines so you can get a feel for what a snow bike kit does.

You know why you chose the TE250 for the dirt, I'm sure you've ridden your buddies 450/510's, but price was not your deciding factor, right tool for the job. I rode a KTM 250F xc this summer, I loved how it felt as if it could outpull some of the older 450's on the single track trail. Bet it would tire soon chasing those same bikes in the wide open dessert.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
thinkin the explorer kit is pretty damn cool lookin. but i ride a husky TE250, is there enough power there for the conversion? i see everyone runs 450 or bigger bikes. how about a wide ratio trans.? is it better to have the close or wide gears?

How much of a payload are you?

Premium Features