• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What video editor do you use?

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
i wanna put all my clips into one vid and add tunes and all that good stuff to it. is there any good ones to download off the net that are easy to use?

thanks, jayson

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
i wanna put all my clips into one vid and add tunes and all that good stuff to it. is there any good ones to download off the net that are easy to use?

thanks, jayson

I use Pinnacle Studio. It does all that you are looking for above and alot more. Works great for me...jmho

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
iMovie/iDVD.

Comes with every Mac.

And it just works. No screwing around with it. Plug in a camera and go.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
mule,
i have a mac. just got a vholdr....shoots in AVI, it isn't really plug and play into iMovie. do you ever convert vid to another form? if so, what software do you use? would like to convert the AVI and then edit with iMovie. thanks.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Bull... They have pretty detailed instructions on their website. It took me a little bit to find it. They go through conversions and codecs.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
mule,
i have a mac. just got a vholdr....shoots in AVI, it isn't really plug and play into iMovie. do you ever convert vid to another form? if so, what software do you use? would like to convert the AVI and then edit with iMovie. thanks.

I upload to iphoto, then transfer to imovie & edit from there. Had many screensavers come on before figuring this out.

Last edited:
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
mule,

Toast does a pretty good job transcoding media. VLC *can* do it, but it sucks to set it up.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
ok, i'm a slow learner.....not a no learner.

outlaw, by "they" do you mean mac or vholdr had detailed instructions on their site? any link? thanks

Dobber, you upload the video clip to iPhoto first? is that plug and play? do you not have to use the vholdr software? i assume when you transfer from iPhoto to iMovie it gives you format options? thanks.

sorry for the hijack, the regularly scheduled thread may now continue :)

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
ok, i'm a slow learner.....not a no learner.

outlaw, by "they" do you mean mac or vholdr had detailed instructions on their site? any link? thanks

Dobber, you upload the video clip to iPhoto first?(Yes) is that plug and play?(It recognizes the GoPro connected) do you not have to use the vholdr software?(Have no idea what vholdr is) i assume when you transfer from iPhoto to iMovie it gives you format options?(I believe so?) thanks.

sorry for the hijack, the regularly scheduled thread may now continue :)

Dobbs

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Pinnacle studio works great for the novice and handles HD vid well. Not the most high end, but affordable and easy to figure out.

Premium Features