• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Makeover

B
Sep 15, 2008
alright well i just got an 07 m8 and im looking to do some upgrades to it. Im pretty no to aftermarket stuff with sleds so i was wondering or wanting to get some ideas on the first on the list upgrades. Increase in power really isnt a big thing on the list, my biggest concern is weight. SO if you have any ideas at all feel free to give me your 2 cents i would gladly take it.
thanks guys/gals

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
lots of threads out there on this, but do something to clear snow off the boards i.e. snow eliminators and vent it with some side vents, those two things and maybe a bar riser and you should be good to go. Ride it for the season and then see what you want to change.

H

Hirevtuner

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 14, 2008
Calgary
For weight savings my 2 cents are put an aftermarket can and a seat. Then maybe a lightweight hood. Going to a lightweight tunnel and suspention will cost you.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
For an 07
Get the float suspention, SLP single pipe, $1000 for 16# pounds and 10 hp.

Add BDX airbox, and Boss Seat for another 16# of weight savings.

You can do oil delete for $25 and save another 5#.
Lightweight hood might give you another 5#.

This is the easy stuff.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I would not do the oil delete, its just to nice not having to mix gas. I would do a clutch kit from RKT or racinstation, Skinz super Q can, side vents to get some heat out, fastlane no snow's are a must on the 07, riser, and boss seat. Those items will drop about 16lbs and make the ride much better. A clutch kit is mandatory on the 07, terrible setup from the factory. Awesome sled though and very reliable. My buddy has an 07 and really likes it. The 3 inch taller boss seat is very nice and drops about 10lbs if you have 500.00 to drop on one.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I would do a clutch kit from RKT or racinstation, Skinz super Q can, side vents to get some heat out, fastlane no snow's are a must on the 07, riser, and boss seat. Those items will drop about 16lbs and make the ride much better. A clutch kit is mandatory on the 07, terrible setup from the factory.

I have this exact setup with an SLP pipe and Boondocker Nitrous kit. Everything mentioned above works VERY well but is a little pricey. There's lot you can do to the sled but it will take some $$$$.

H
Apr 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
+1 on the risers and snow eliminators. Not sure why you're primary interest is weight loss. Mine was comfort and handling.

Other suggestion that no one has listed is a good set of aftermarket skiis. I didn't realize how much the factory skiis gave up until I put my Simmons on. Sidehilling is 10x better now!

Premium Features