• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions on ,,Lights,hand warmers and gauges.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
I am putting a timbersled on a 15 husky FC 450 and have a few questions on accessories. I am planning on running a trail tech voyager, some type of LED headlight and hand warmers. What are the best hand warmers and headlights that are priced reasonable. Also how about power. Will I need to upgrade my stator to handle this stuff? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
I would go to Cyclops Adventuresports and ask Darryl, he will have the best lights and heated grips on the market hands down. I have a spare Cyclops 630 penetrator light I would sell you if you are interested. If you have E start you should be able to run anything

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The stator output on the SX/XC/FC line is not powerful enough to run all those accessories AT THE SAME TIME. You can independently run the warmers, lights, or other extras but do NOT run them all together at the same time. I actually noticed a few hiccups when just running the Cyclops 630 and my Dobeck Controller... sometimes the power drain was so great it would actually cut power to my injector causing the bike to cut briefly... turn off the light and no problem. Turn the light back on and you get occasional hiccups at WOT. These MX bikes do not have much bonus power past charging the battery.

Upgrade the stator and then you can run all this stuff with no fear.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So I just ordered the 3600 lumen LED headlight bulb and the AEM heated grips from Cyclops for my Husky FE501. Should I be updating my stator for running those together? Also, I've heard you guys talk about upgrading your batteries... any idea where I should look for one of those?

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
That 501 has a more powerful stator to power the accessories it comes with unlike the SX/XC/FC. How much more power I'm not sure.

This is the battery I upgraded to. Worth every penny. Reliable lead-acid and it fit in my SX stock box, no modifications. I'm not a big fan of lithium-ion for winter applications since it needs to warm up for full CCA.
http://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM727ZS-YTZ7S-Battery/dp/B000UK1054

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Ditto on battery

couldn't agree more.....my experience has been the lead-acid battery is more gooder in the cold.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
That 501 has a more powerful stator to power the accessories it comes with unlike the SX/XC/FC. How much more power I'm not sure.

This is the battery I upgraded to. Worth every penny. Reliable lead-acid and it fit in my SX stock box, no modifications. I'm not a big fan of lithium-ion for winter applications since it needs to warm up for full CCA.
http://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM727ZS-YTZ7S-Battery/dp/B000UK1054

So I have been doing some more checking and the stator in the motocross bikes are only good for like 12 amps of draw. hooking anything extra up besides maybe the trail tech would risk messing with the electronic fuel injection. If you upgrade to the bigger stator like in the non motocross bikes you jump to 70 amps of usable power. so should be fine running like all the accessories you need to.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I even doubt if 70 is enough to pull all the original needs of the electronics system plus a light and warmers. I think the warmers pull 40+ and the light around 35. Still cutting it close. I think Trail Tech makes a 100 watt unit so if you are upgrading it won't hurt to go big.

Premium Features