• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there a failsafe mode(limp mode) on Nytro if overheat going down the trail?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
So if a guys is going down the trail and coolant gets too hot, the yellow warning light comes on? How do you differenciate it from just low fuel light, which is the same yellow warning light right?

Will the sled go into limp mode if it gets too hot down the trail? Or will it just let you keep driving until it gets too hot and you toast your engine?

Thanks.

Just trying to learn about this new sled of mine!

BTW....IT FRIGGIN RIPS!!!!lol What a blast...MCI express at 18#LOL WOW

Anyways, had to throw that in. :smile:

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
The warning light will come on, but the only "fail safe" mode for overheating is if the sled is at IDLE it will shut itself off if it sees and overheating condition. If you are riding it and it overheats it will not put itself into any fail safe mode whatsoever!

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
if you look above the yellow light you will see either a gas pump, oil can, or temp sign. that will tell you what the yellow means at that moment. if youre goin down the trail and see the temp signal, shut er down n let it cool before checking coolant and restarting. or hit the gas n wind cool it!... wait, you might want to be SURE there is coolant in there before wind cooling it. in the spring on a nice warm day my light will come on, but as long as im sure there is coolant in there, a little more speed cools it right off. or get your arse back in the snow!! not sure about a "limp" mode, never been there.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
If your just puttin around on the trails they will over heat. when that happens hit the throttle they need air and snow to stay cool...

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Good to know, thanks guys. I think it was loww fuel, as I put my extra gas in and it never came on. Coolers were wet, I've got the Van amberg tunnel with extra cooler.

By the time I got back to the truck, the cooler was hot to touch ( a lot hotter than a 2 stroke,) even the top of my tunnel was hot, but no warning light came on.

I just don't want to be over heating this sled, too much bad luck with 2 strokers and I don't want any issues with me "reliable" 4 stroke.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
ya a temp gauge is nice....mine on deep days runs 150....then 180 on trails and the light doesnt come on until like 212 or something dumb...I never let mine get there.

running a CR tunnel with rad delete. Pulled a guy out last ride and i stopped a couple times to fill the gas rack with snow and it didnt take long to melt it:face-icon-small-sho

but ya easy to plumb in a gauge.

Premium Features