• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"2012 Arctic Cat M1100T demo ride in Idaho" - now running on Youtube

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Thanks for the vid.

How did the front end feel? Sure looked like it didn't want to lift very much even when on the gas and on an incline. Maybe it's just the way it was set up but it sure takes a lot of the fun factor out of a sled if you can't float the front end at will.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
The camera was goggle strap mounted so it doesn't show elevation like a sled mounted camera does. 2' of fresh and not much for vertical climbing where we are but it still pulled them up. I'm used to wishing the front end would stay down on the TApex, this will be no different with 300+.

Is the front end heavy? Yup if your a 2s guy. My TApex is heavier, all in what you are used to. Same old deal, 300+ and you don't feel much.:nod:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
we rode the same sleds the next day and the Engineers commented that that black mule ran better than all the rest of there 1100T test sleds and they were identical set ups , take that for what its worth

as for lifting the skis....neither had any problem lifting and carrying the skis all the way across any meadow I pointed them across, and carried the skis up every hill I climbed, very fun sleds in that respect, I like a lively front end:face-icon-small-hap

the 800 was no slouch either:face-icon-small-hap

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
we rode the same sleds the next day and the Engineers commented that that black mule ran better than all the rest of there 1100T test sleds and they were identical set ups , take that for what its worth

as for lifting the skis....neither had any problem lifting and carrying the skis all the way across any meadow I pointed them across, and carried the skis up every hill I climbed, very fun sleds in that respect, I like a lively front end:face-icon-small-hap

the 800 was no slouch either:face-icon-small-hap

Any idea how many miles the test mule had compared to the other sleds ridden that day? Maybe they were broke in? Did you notice that the rpm was a little lower on the other sleds? From the sounds of it the test mule is a bit louder. Could be rpms could be a little freer flowing muff. Could be clutching. Could be that it doesn't have more power and it just louder making it feel like it has more power. Also from the looks of it the test mule looks like what 177 hp should, imo. I guess thats all. I am sure these sleds are going to rock next winter! Hopefully they run like the test mule.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
could be any number of things or none of those things, didn't really think it was louder in person but who knows

they all had over 1000 miles on them, some had a lot more, 2 or 3 times more but who knows the history of any of them

dont read between the lines, there is nothing there, fall will be here soon enough:face-icon-small-coo

D

DDD

Nov 27, 2007
North East Saskatchewan Canada
Thank's for posting video and talking about riding these sled's, I ordered 2012 1100t 50th and am now more comfortable with my choice because of your video and your riding impressions.:decision::face-icon-small-hap

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
The camera was goggle strap mounted so it doesn't show elevation like a sled mounted camera does. 2' of fresh and not much for vertical climbing where we are but it still pulled them up. I'm used to wishing the front end would stay down on the TApex, this will be no different with 300+.

Is the front end heavy? Yup if your a 2s guy. My TApex is heavier, all in what you are used to. Same old deal, 300+ and you don't feel much.:nod:

Thanks for the input. Didn't realize there was that much fresh there. I also ride a boosted Apex and had a boosted Nytro so it's nice to get a perspective from someone else who rides them!

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Man I am torn between this sled and a pro. I had a pro this year but sold it cause I left home for 6 months. Loved that thing. Best sled I have ever ridin...but now AC came out with this thing and I am couris as all hell about it.

But I am concered about a couple things, the weight and the steering position.
I know this thing is heavy on paper but that doesn't mean it will feel heavy. Will this be to heavy for someone who weighs 170 with out gear? When it comes to the steering, what does this thing come pair to, handing wise?

Thanks for your help, I don't want to regret my decision lol

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I've always said if you aren't near 200lbs a 4s is probably not for you unless you are a point and shoot guy. My buddy who rode an XP turbo said he loved 300+......for half a day. That being said Randy Swenson isn't that big or tall and he has more seat time on a 4s than anyone, and he's pretty darn good to boot. It will wear you out the smaller you are.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Thanks for the vid.

Also thanks for getting off now and then, so we can see the rest of the sled , LOL.
Did you get stuck at the end? If so was it hard to get on top afterwards?

Owen

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
We got in that morning at 2:00 after driving 12 hours straight from home. Don't think I was that climatized after 8 hours to the 8000' we are riding. Where I ride it rarely gets above 6500'.

The times I fell off or lost control I lost footing with the back foot on the running boards. I have a VanAmburg tunnel on my TApex so it has the same width of board in the footwell as the incline at the back. You can see I was kicking snow off the back of the board after I stopped.

It was deep in that area, and it was inclined some so rather than deal with it I was just going to reverse it, but the reverse didn't work. Ending pulling it backwards a touch and going. After that it was back to the group and ride back to the shop. Believe me I'm not in that bad of shape, I already ride a 4s!:nod:

Premium Features