• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A thought on vertical steering - This might help getting it done!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
A week ago I Snow Checked a t-1100 50th.

Yesterday I called him to talk to him about the vertical sttering option and 38" stance being tested.

He had no idea that either of these options were being tested and possibly implemented for this year.........

I told him "Before you place your final last day order for all of your Snow checks, if the vertical steering and 38" stance becomes available, I want both to be ordered for my sled"

I also told him to call his Cat rep (Immediately) and inquire about the v-steering and 38" stance, and tell this factory rep there is alot of interest in these features.

Now, if the rest of you guys who are wanting this were to do that, Cat might push it a bit faster and get it into this years T-1100's..........

It might be worth it for you guys to push it as well........

Just a thought

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
It worked for the 800 50th LE I just snow checked one of those :)

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
I will try. I don't think my request will reach the rep. Is there any reps that view this forum? Maybe start a request thread or use this one?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
From what I was told it is a done deal.

Vertical steering post will be in the accessory listing as well as the narrow front end kit.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN

Vertical steering post will be in the accessory listing as well as the narrow front end kit.

I bet your right on that,,,,,,,,,,, BUT IT HOPE YOUR WRONG.......

Well on the flip side, I will then run the horizontal for awhile and see if I like it. If I don't then I will order up the vert.

On the 38" wide, I would have loved that out of the box........... Since I am coming off an old Summit that had 37", which I loved.......

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK

The accessories are going to kill a guy money wise. What am I going to do with a spare steering post and a-arms. These things would make spring ordering even more important if you could get it with out to much extra cost. I know Cat can't get to specific but I am pretty sure it is an option with the 800; do it across the board for spring order only. I would through a few more $$$ at it if it was what I wanted from the factory.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Have Michelle on it also....

between Michelle and Racinstation, I am certain we got it covered!!!

For me, even if the a-arms are option or accessory, I am yet to get through one season without blasting one set :)

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
I hope your wrong too! two kits to order one can only guess what they may cost? only to have it standard for 2013. We need these changes to find their way on the production sleds for 2012 no charge.:nod:

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Thanks, even if we can do an a arm swap/steering swap at the time of delivery with the delaers like they did with track swaps in the past would be welcome. It would save us some coin!:nod:

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
This almost seems backwards to me. The sled is a mountain sled, so it should come with the narrow stance and the vert steering. And they could have the other options in the acessory catalog. Im sure most current cat riders would be more comfortable on the vert steering anyway.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
To play devil's advocate, I'm coming off a 2002 800 RMK and I had a ruined day of sledding due to broken welds on the steering post. Yeah, it would be nice to have the vertical steering, but at the same time I would rather ride the thing with the current setup than have to try and find someone to do welding since it turns out that after 1000 miles the steering post fatigues out.

That and Arctic Cat is probably well on their way to getting the production line setup. Adding the tooling and such to put vertical steering posts on this late in the game is expensive. Even more expensive would be building them with the regular steering and then adding the vertical steering afterwards without charging for it.

Last edited:
L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
i think we pay enough for these sleds that they should come standard with the snow check, and also we are buying them blind or on heresay on how they handle work etc so if we are all taking a chance on these sleds with no chance to ride them i think cat better belly up and give all of the snow checkers this option free. An option or accessory would be a bullsh$t stunt on their part i feel, this to me would look like another way to take our money again for a accessory that should be standard on all mountain sleds. hope they do thier part, we are all spending lots of money doing our part!!!!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Cat is supposed to have a rep at the hillclimbs in jackson wyoming this weekend. I will hit him up about it.

Should be Ryan, he is a good guy...is the Rep. for MT/WY

he gets it...but never hurts to share with him...

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is really tough to get it right for everybody. Especially on a first year sled. Production specs have not been finalized. I was talking to some of the hillclimb race team guys that have ridden the 2012 and all of them are going to go with the horizontal steering as it is faster on a course.

The manufacturers always build in accessory options as a profit center for them and for dealers. I agree you should have the choice on steering post etc. But why no gas rack stock? Why no venting stock? Why no storage stock? Why no 2860RS stock? It goes on and on.

The sleds are built from a cross section of consumers and they throw the dart directly in the center and try to halfway please everybody.

No flaming please, just telling it how it is.

Premium Features