• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Yamadoo

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Some progress

I have been going into work early a few days and have my tank nearly complete. I need to pressure test and find the leaks as I am sure there will be a couple. And add a breather port. Either way here is a pic of the tank. After I put the tank on all that needs to be done is braces for the ic and wiring and some assembly. Which all could be done in a good saturdays work.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Tank and seat pics

I brought the tank home tonight. I am going to have alot of trimming to do to get the seat pan to fit over the tank. I hope I can retain enough of it to hold the seat in place. This is really the stuff I hate doing. But it will be ok i am sure in the end.

SDC10673.jpg

SDC10667.jpg

SDC10669.jpg

SDC10670.jpg

SDC10671.jpg

SDC10672.jpg

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
seat

I got the seat pan redone and the seat foam trimmed. I left more than stock so the seat is a little more firm and taller than stock. I need to weld the braces for the intercooler and do the wiring. I am getting there slowly but surely. I regularly step back and sit and look at it for a bit while I am working on it to get ideas.

SDC10759.jpg

SDC10758.jpg

SDC10757.jpg

SDC10756.jpg

SDC10755.jpg

SDC10754.jpg

SDC10753.jpg

SDC10752.jpg

SDC10760.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
looks awsome man.. And I love the yami bar parts sitting on the doo. such fun little thing to mess with peoples heads.

the thing looks way clean man, great job on the whole swap, gonna be a real looker.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Is it runnin or what.. get the thing together and head out west, you need to come ridin with me, if your gonna head to cooke/west/IP, let me know, there all day drives for me, or good riding all around here as well. I want to see how it compares.. once I get my boost controller figured out this should be a good time. see how yours compares weight wise to mine.. I bet mine is a bit heavier.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Done yet.

Nope, not done yet. I have a 8 month old that doesn't allow for a ton of time in the garage right now. I am getting very very close though. I am concentrating hard on the details in the final assembly. We are going to IP the first week of jan so I have some time yet.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
huh, to bad, I will be in whitefish and then in cooke that week. I want to see how she rips.

its lookin good, yours should have a LOT less teathing pains then mine considering you put a LOT more time and effort into install quality, it goes a long way, trust me, I learned that after first time around.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
turbo

I got some more work done on it tonight, Really don't have a ton left to do. I am just trying to not rush anything on it. I hooked the battery up to see what I had, and looks like everything works on the electrical end. I just need to get the fuel pump wired as far as electrical, and need to figure out what wire it was again that was the right one to pull power off of. My old harness was just pulling power right out of the harness, with no relay, and had worked a long time like this so I am considering doing this again rather than adding another relay, It is alot easier as it is only 1 wire compared to 4. I want to do a fan on the intercooler possibly as well, But I don't have one yet and I have not made that a priority for this season. If I get it started and ride it and feel like the ic is heat soaking bad I will get one asap.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Fuel Pump

I am sure that is what it was hooked up to before as well on mine. As I could do the hold the low thumb warmer button for 10 seconds to make that and the headlights turn on. I will probally just do that again.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Worked on the sled this weekend, we had quite a blizzard and now it is wicked cold out. I am so close to being ready to start the sled. I need to finish the cold air intake. I am hoping to tack this at work tommorrow and test fit it and then finish welding it. Then I need to do a heat shield for the turbo for between the fuel tank and coolant lines. Then bolt the tank down and seat down. And then I should be ready to start it. I will have a few things to finish after i run it a little but these are purely cosmetic. Them being closing in the area around the turbo to have it look stock and have some venting in that area so the turbo heat can escape. Also some other venting on the sled.

I am glad to be so so close I have been pulling my hair out not having this done, Just was starting to get sick of working on it.

DSCN5460.jpg

DSCN5453.jpg

DSCN5454.jpg

DSCN5455.jpg

DSCN5456.jpg

DSCN5457.jpg

DSCN5458.jpg

DSCN5459.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Running......

I started the sled tonight. It seems to idle well and sounds good. It seems as though the vaccum is lower, but I think i read some place that the cam timing really lowers the vaccum. I cannot ride it at all because i don't have a brake line for it yet. I ordered one though so it should be here tommorrow. I have a few things to finish up on it but those are just details. I am kinda worried about getting my clutching right as well. I need to find someone with a good selection of team springs to try.

SDC10838.jpg

SDC10839.jpg

SDC10840.jpg

THis is a video CLICK on it.

Last edited:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Looks good! I always used to stiffest spring that team made for my T-rx1. That with a straight 44 was the best combo and the coolest belt that I could come up with.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
team spring

I will have to call them tommorrow I have a few helixes I think a 42, 44, 46, 48. So I have a few angles to choose from but only one spring. This is also the ts98 so i think the spring selection is not as good. I will call them tommorrow and find out what they have for springs.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
way to GO... looks awsome, way clean, gonna be a very sneaky sled....

welcome to the yamadoo club, assuming your build works as good as it looks, you will be VERY happy with this thing. now when are you gonna take it out to play??

Premium Features