• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thank You From MC-XPRESS USA

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
www.mcxpressusa-orders.com
2015 Yamaha Mountain Sleds

I was invited to test ride the New 2015 Yamaha MTX and XTX SR Vipers in West Yellowstone Montana today
They had ten 2015 Vipers for us to ride,9 of which had MPI turbos installed
One of the Blue and white Viper was said t be Mac's sled
The new mountain seat is a welcome improvement over my 2014 seat
These sleds where pre production units and are not the final spec
The Mountain Viper is not new to me as I have been in development of my own this season.
For my liking I might be ahead as my Viper Rocks, Big improvement over the Nytro
Thanks to Yamaha for putting on this event
We rode the Lions Head and Two Top Area
Had a great day of riding and learned lots !!!

Last edited:
A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
Yamaha Apex - Active Leaning Suspension from Wesll‏

This is the front end for the Apex My Friend is building
The front suspension in computer controlled so the track and frame will be more level on a side hill
It will also have more travel and better ride over the bumps
Will start testing on the snow very soon

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
MC-XPRESS ACE 900 TURBO Kit

A good seller next season will be the SkiDoo ACE 900.
This kit is working very good.
We have started to send out a few now.
Here are some pictures of a prototype Lynx 2015 snowmobile with our 170 hp turbo kit.
We can also offer a stock compression version with 125 to 130 hp.
Best regards Erik Marklund

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
2014 West Yellowstone Expo Vintage Show

This year Patrick sent me on assignment to cover the Vintage Show. He said I was more vintage than him.
I'm sure he was referring to my experience around these sleds in the late 60's and early 70's. It was at this exact location I started my oval racing history in 1969 by taking a first place in the 340 kids race.

I think my highlight of the show was seeing Duane Eck's world speed record double eagle Ski-doo. I remember as a small boy getting up early in the morning, going down to the speed run area, and pushing my way through the factory racers so I could see Duane Eck's record attempt. I think this may have been where my need for speed may have started.

Fast forward to 1984 here in West Yellowstone I was trying to win the radar runs, and was in the pits working on my clutch set up. When I looked up Duane Eck was standing there watching me.
The selection of vintage sleds at this year show was incredible . Many where the same models I had grown up with.

More Skidoo Info www.bosscatlegacy.com/miscproto/skidoo/skidoo.htm

http://s639.photobucket.com/user/APEXXPRESS/media/03-14-2014/PICT0151_zps4c66d2b9.jpg.html

Read more: http://www.atvptforum.com/thread/5213/2014-west-yellowstone-snow-expo#ixzz2xbtl7gp4

C
Dec 5, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO
I love my new sled - I think it's in the first set of photos! It's been so smooth and trouble free, absolutely just gas and go. Being we unload at 10k feet and ride on average of 11.8k feet, this turbo just cranks out the power and I've taken the sled up to 13,185k feet so far. Sips fuel, just the best system you can ask for. Thanks again - Derek.

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
Thank You

Thanks Derek
Glad your enjoying your Nytro
We have been working with Erik and crew from MC-XPRESS Sweden for many many years now.
They build great products from Sea level in Sweden to the highest mountains of Colorado.
It seem that every year someone comes out with a new brand of Turbo kit
But MC-XPRESS is still the Bench Mark in Snowmobile Turbo Systems
We have been having lots of fun with our new Viper kits
Thanks again Mark

<TABLE id=post3034240 class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" align=center border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=thead>03-22-2012, 12:19 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->
</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"><!-- user info --> <TABLE cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=alt2></TD> <TD noWrap>APEXXPRESS
xuser_online.gif.pagespeed.ic.FzYfCWfif8.png
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>vbmenu_register("postmenu_3034240",true);</SCRIPT>
<!--ADDED BY BRIAN FOR VB STATUS-->Currently: The Proof Is In The Performance ! Edit
<!--END ADDED BY BRIAN FOR VB STATUS-->
xpremium1.gif.pagespeed.ic.-Rhos27aGi.png

</TD> <TD width="100%"></TD> <TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Nov 2007
xreputation_pos.gif.pagespeed.ic.lZC8lMctfd.png
xreputation_highpos.gif.pagespeed.ic.b-avZzEseD.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR> <TR> <TD id=td_post_3034240 class=alt1><!-- HEAVILY MODIFIED BY BRIAN FOR PAID/FREE THING --><!-- Forum IDs are the list of restricted forums --><!-- LOCKED FORUMS BRIAN locked_forums --><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
xicon1.gif.pagespeed.ic.zL6wBwjGyI.png

<HR style="COLOR: #e8e8e8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e8e8e8" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Derek and Nan Patterson drove up from Colorado Springs, Colorado and picked up their 2010 MC-XPRESS 270 Hp Nytro from us at West Yellowstone Expo Sunday.
Derek called Monday Late and told me he is amazed how nice the MC-XPRESS Nytro is.

056.jpg

<!-- / message --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
New MC-XPRESS USA Viper Turbo Kit for 2015

After a full season of running our pump fuel Viper 190 Hp and 270 Hp turbo kits, I have had requests for a a race fuel stock compression Viper Kit

For 2015 we will have a New 240 Hp (all elevations) Viper Turbo Kit that uses stock compression and race fuel. It will also use our updated Gen 5 EFI controller with three extra Bosch Fuel injectors and also air to air Intercooler
It will be the same price as our 270 kit at 5995
We will also offer a optional Deep Snow Intake for the mountain guys

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
MCX Can-am Maverick 180 Hp Turbo Kit

MCX USA sent us their New Maverick 180 Hp Turbo kit for our Next Project.
This calls to install low compression pistons so we can run pump fuel at all elevations
We installed bigger Fuel Injectors and reprogrammed the factory ECU to supply the extra fuel needed under boost
We are running 11 PSI boost and increases the Horsepower from about 101 to 180
This has been a Fun Project and the test drive was Sick !

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
We need a video and more info on the Maverick turbo please:face-icon-small-hap How is the throttle response and spool up with low compression and the super long headers and IC piping?

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
When my Dad started his Ski-doo dealership in the late sixties this was his transport truck.
Along with my grandfather and uncle they would travel to Monte's Bombardier in Idaho Falls and bring back everything that they could convince them to sell.
Monte's Bombardier was the Western distributor for Ski-doo
The Ski-doo Olympique with the blue windshield was my first snowmobile.
It was a factory demo and had one of the first tuned exhaust on a snowmobile made out of tin tomato soup cans
When Dad returned back to Butte he took the sled to our body shop and had them put some hood vents on each side of the hood.
This was not to get more air in but so I could see where I was going because I could not see over the handle bars

thesledhead

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado Springs CO
You just have to love that boost, and it is so addicting :yo:

Thanks Mark:photo:

5%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG

www.ATVPT.com

All Terrain Vehicle Product Tests ATV Technical Magazine

• <!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyEnd -->
<!-- ParagraphEnd 892914027 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892905261 -->
<!-- ParagraphTitleStart --><!-- ParagraphTitleEnd -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->

Patrick Saunders / ATVPT.com Founder

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Looks like you build some of the best Mark :beer;

Well I purchased this sled from Patrick the summer. Kinda cool to see a build thread. I hope it works as well as he bragged it up :peace:

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
Looks like you build some of the best Mark :beer;

Well I purchased this sled from Patrick the summer. Kinda cool to see a build thread. I hope it works as well as he bragged it up :peace:

I built this MPI Turbo Nytro first for Yamaha and set it up by there book.They didn't ride it much and then I bought it back.
Then Patrick bought it and we change it around and put some of my special parts on it.

Now it Rips!!!!

Watch out how many times you start it without full warm up as it can start to foul the spark plugs

Premium Features