• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex mountain exhaust?

C
Mar 15, 2009
Labrador
Hey guys I was looking for a loud aftermarket exhaust for my apex mountain, there is no regulations around here, I would like an exhaust thats loud and also sounds nice.
Im debating between the new Hauck LOUD Exhaust or the Bender Racing Race Silencer. Any recommendations? Also would the rev limiter kick in when I put the silencer on? And how do I tell if I got a rev limiter installed? I hate the sound of a rev limiter so I dont want that getting in the way.

Thanks.

J
Nov 27, 2007
exhaust

mcx or boondocker make nice exhaust systems for the apex. ha ha. you most likely wont get enuff out of an muffler to change the clutching enuff to hit the limiter. If you do you will know the sled will fall on its face, pop and fart. I have been around one that had the lighter exhaust that fits where the stock one did and it was obnoxious. worse than my turbo with a strait pipe.
I have no experience but the sound bites of the hauk sound good.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
Bender is the loudest I have heard in person but i tell ya what it gets old fast, go for something with a good tone and deep rumble. your ears will thank you as well as the other sledders. I run a white knuckle on mine and i like it. didn't really notice any gains clutching stayed the same and didn't hit the rev limiter. best thing about it was lost some weight with it and a mountain mod seat

C
Mar 15, 2009
Labrador
I do have regulations here in town but I dont open the throttle when im near houses, when im up in the mountains or deep in the woods is when ill open throttle.

*Alright thanks julio and adrenaline. How does the white knuckle sound?

Premium Features