• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lighting out

D
Dec 23, 2008
New Hampton, Iowa
I've checked the bulb's, connections, and fuse. Yet I don't have any power to my lights or grip heater's. I have a 2003 503F and it runs fine. When I installed the grip heaters i tapped into the accesory plug, so i don't think thats the problem. But the tail light and gripheaters went out before the head light.:confused:
Any help or advice I can get would be great.

H
Dec 23, 2007
I dont know about the 503 but on 04 600s there is a fuse enclosed in a black plastic that looks like a wire connector that is stuck to the steering bulkhead on right side of steering stem about 2inches down ! you would never think theres a fuse in there but pull it out and apart . We've run across that once , a regular spade fuse ! new fuse , power issues , lights , hand warmers all working again ! Would check this before tearing apart and replacing lighting coil ! Hope this helps :D

Last edited:
S
Nov 27, 2007
I dont know about the 503 but on 04 600s there is a fuse enclosed in a black plastic that looks like a wire connector that is stuck to the steering bulkhead on right side of steering stem about 2inches down ! you would never think theres a fuse in there but pull it out and apart . We've run across that once , a regular spade fuse ! new fuse , power issues , lights , hand warmers all working again ! Would check this before tearing apart and replacing lighting coil ! Hope this helps :D

Thank you, thank you! :)thumbsup
I'll be digging for that fuse!! Hopefully the 503 has one as well. I would love to fix it that easily. I am not liking the thought of tearing down the fan to R&R the coil.

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
had the same thing happen to my 503. the lighting coil went out. i would be carefull using different bulbs. my coil went out after using a different bulb in the headlights. the part #'s in the manual are ski doo ones. got mine off the internet. searched ski doo part #'s for the same year motor.

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
the lighting coil is part of the stator? i think. have to change the whole thing. if you have the manual it gives you ways to diagnose the problem.

D
Dec 23, 2008
New Hampton, Iowa
I couldn't find any fuses on my 503 other than the one under the seat after checking all the connections and electrical diagrams, so i dobt there is ono. If you find one Snowhawk Jockey let me know. By the way Snowhawk Jockey it looks like the lighting coil is behind the recoil starter and flywheel so pry not to bad to r&r.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Voltage regulator!

On the 503's it is mounted tight to the inside right frame, right of carb.

Wire rubs till it shorts, have found this problem several times.

DEATH TO TWOSKIS!

Premium Features