• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro rmk Hm turbo build

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Wow she sure runs clean through the entire powerband and on off throttle situations. Are you still running stock pistons in it or did you go with an aftermarket "fix" prior to turbo install. I am budgeting for a new ride next year and really want to get back to boosted power but don't want to sacrifice any reliability. Was thinking of picking up a used 2011 and going with the 200 hp hm kit. Most of my riding is boondocking and tree riding. Lots of on/off throttle wicks with lots up direction changes both up and down hill. Not much into point and shoot anymore. Getting too old for that. LOL! Any suggestions would be highly appreciated since you obliviously have built a sled that flat WORKS! Thanks,
papa

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My to cents is an Indy Dan long rod if staying with a STD bore size. PAR long rod if considering a big bore turbo. With the long rod you have No worries of the engine eating itself in the long rod configuration and smother (no vibration) also the extra crank case volume lets it breath better and will make a noticeable seat of the pants improvement even if you don't get it boosted right off the bat.

Last edited:

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Funny you mention that. I plan on being in welch mn working for 3-4 months early next winter. Maybe drop by the shop and pay them a visit.

800dragon_rmk

Dec 3, 2007
Dawson creek B.C, Canada
Hey guys, Thought id give a little update on my HM turbo. I put 1100 miles on last year with no issues besides a blown exhaust donut and a broken intercooler tab. Best investment i have ever made on a snowmobile. Future plans for this year will be a 163 3inch track and thats it. Rode with the Kmod Skid with the raptor shock and wow its amazing. Gotta say anyone in the market for a little to no tuning of a turbo sled should check out HMturbos. Anyways here are some pictures of it now.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Looks good buddy! we are throwing a set of x1 z bros shocks on but the top mount and resevoirs are turned and wont clear the shock towers now! Hope to see ya out this year! we'll be at core lodge a bit and hopefully up wolverine.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Looks good buddy! we are throwing a set of x1 z bros shocks on but the top mount and resevoirs are turned and wont clear the shock towers now! Hope to see ya out this year! we'll be at core lodge a bit and hopefully up wolverine.

You are trying to install the right shock on the right side and vice versa? Correct?

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
we had to send the shocks back, eyelets where improperly positioned before assembly.

Premium Features