• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are we going to screw up depenability?

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I am glad I can buy a turbo 4 stroke mountain sled with a warranty. Maybe a little extra boost, that's easy, but with all the talk of huge mods. is this going to give Cat a black eye, with a lot of broken sleds?

I guess it's the nature of the beast. We got a problem.........

Owen

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Suzuki builds the Turbo 1100 motor to produce 225 hp - that is its intended design specification. Arctic Cat de rates the motor by 20% for warranty purposes.

After 225, some internals need to be upgraded for reliability.

I am glad I can buy a turbo 4 stroke mountain sled with a warranty. Maybe a little extra boost, that's easy, but with all the talk of huge mods. is this going to give Cat a black eye, with a lot of broken sleds?

I guess it's the nature of the beast. We got a problem.........

Owen

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
If you do not think cat reads this your nuts.

I can tell you that a couple of years ago I warrantied a DD for a customer and he got on hear and told every one that I did it with a turbo on his sled and with in a month I had a warranty inspector in my shop.

Thanks Buddy.:loco:

As a snowmobiling community we need to stop using mods and warranty in the same sentence.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I guess I will take a counter position....If the mod does not cause the problem that is beig Warrantied, then I personally dont think it should be an issue...

case in point...The boost of my sled had NO impact on the oil tank that got a crack in it because the sled is built in such a manner, sidehilling places pressure on the tank, and as such causes a crack...

Maybe I am wrong....However, I have seen dealers try and void warranties for some of the silliest things..."You have modified the boards (I installed BetterBoards), and as such the warranty is voided...

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
Take it from someone with a modded 4 stroke, the suzuki will be just fine. It has been beaten hard on trail sled for a few years now.

Premium Features