• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex custom udertunnel exhaust

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
Even though your standing you are still packing around the weight! It is worth it, especially if you ever get the stock one wet, it soaks like a sponge! The Boss won't, It can be a hugh weight difference.
Yours does look good and you will gain some performance, as your rpm's will increase faster with less exhaust restriction. Make sure your seat is mounted good, we tried to make a tempory one for my brothers apex last year (waiting for boss) and itwas a pain in the a S S ! It will flex down in the back enough to pop the front lose. Yours does look beefier than ours, as I said ours was temp, but it sucks fixing your seat tring to ride. especially if conditions don't alow you to just stop when it falls off!!:)

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
Even though your standing you are still packing around the weight! It is worth it, especially if you ever get the stock one wet, it soaks like a sponge! The Boss won't, It can be a hugh weight difference.
Yours does look good and you will gain some performance, as your rpm's will increase faster with less exhaust restriction. Make sure your seat is mounted good, we tried to make a tempory one for my brothers apex last year (waiting for boss) and itwas a pain in the a S S ! It will flex down in the back enough to pop the front lose. Yours does look beefier than ours, as I said ours was temp, but it sucks fixing your seat tring to ride. especially if conditions don't alow you to just stop when it falls off!!:)

i know all about the loose fitting seat. on my last apex i had the excell, and that was my number one complaint.It fit fair but for some reason the seat didnt. this time the seat is super sturdy cant even push the front of the seat side 2 side with my hand. im sure some time in the future i will end up doing undertunnel bc if i get boss seat it isnt gonna be the stock exhaust one. they look hitious imo.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
It sounds like your on top of it. Now we just need snow so we can go enjoy it.:beer;
I kept my exhaust under so I could do the boss no exhaust seat. I agree the other looks bad. Mine turned out real clean and I can store stuff on the tunnel. Best of luck.

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
What type of clearance do you guys have between the track and tunnel dump - my skid is not in yet and it seems like it might hit -WTF!! I have a TJ's tunnel dump in a CR tunnel

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
What type of clearance do you guys have between the track and tunnel dump - my skid is not in yet and it seems like it might hit -WTF!! I have a TJ's tunnel dump in a CR tunnel

The tj's exhaust is designed for the stock tunnel so I'm not sure how it will fit in a cr tunnel. You do have to do some cutting in the stock one to get it up high enough. When your done there shouldn't be any thing lower that the skid plate shield near the back of the stock tunnel. I think I was getting some hitting on mine but when i added my mtn tamer rear I put 5 5/8 wheels on the top and it gave me alot more clearance.

Premium Features