• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Hood PIAA Light BAr Question?

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Hi,
It looks like I am going to run a turbo hood with the PIAA lights this year! What are the recomendations for the light bar: CR, Alpine, homebuilt, etc. Any pics of your set up would be great - the Alpine looks the simplest but not the strongest. Also, where are you guys relocating your Key and Cig Lighter to?

Thanks

M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
I have not got my Light bar made yet but I kept the gauges in the same spot and used all the OEM mounting hardwear and it came out sweet! The key is also in the same spot. Used a Dremel tool and it works great. I have it put on my sled now so I will have to get some pic's of it for you. Just been super busy.

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
So you will unplug the key and speedo to remove your hood or does the hood fit around the speedo and it stays stationary.

Last edited:
M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
No I cut off the locking tabs on both the key and the seedo and they work pretty good. You do have to unplug then but if the hood were to come off the would just unplug themself. I got those pics for you too.

Apex Hood 002.jpg Apex Hood 004.jpg

Last edited:

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
How is the output compared to the PIAA 1100x's? I was also considering the TrailTech HID SCMR16 - any thoughts on these??

Premium Features