• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gas Cap

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
This is the 2 time the sled stopped...both times have been caused by water/Ice in the gas tank.

Were there any updates or recalls on the gas caps on the M series/CF 07-2011??

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
According to cat, there were no recalls on any sleds in that range. Look under customer care near the bottom right there is a link to recalls 2008 to current.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
The gas cap has a rubber seal in it also the way its made ithangs down around the threads and is not prone to having water sitting on top of it . is your tank cracked around the threaded area or something wrong with the fuel guage seal?

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
No my tank has no cracks..i havent checked the fuel gauge itself...guess i have to dry the tank and fill it again with new fuel and some fuel additive/water absorbing additive.

Should I maybe run the fuel pump in reverse to get rid of all the water?

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
If you have carbs, drain them. The water will settle in the bottom and cause all kinds of problems. The snow blower did that to me and had me baffled for a while...ran pretty good before it got cold :face-icon-small-con

I'd agree with checking the fuel gage. Much more likely the seal has a crack or something. Check the tank in that area too.

Premium Features