• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro MTX Lightweight Rear Suspension Kit

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
I think it is pretty cool that Yamaha is now offering factory aftermarket parts. may be next year they will have a version of the free ride. Next year I would like a new 2012

Y
Jan 15, 2011
I'm in the process of installing one now. Putting it into a CR tunnel. Waiting for some painted parts too come back before I can really get going. I will post an update later

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
Should have it installed by the weekend :clap2: will post pics when we are done...Seen the skid in a stock tunnel, looks great, haven't tried it out yet though. Climbmax seemed to speak pretty highly of it when I talked to him a couple month back about it.

S

scarlier

Dec 29, 2009
Sicamous, BC
new suspension

i have a friend who installed one and wasnt happy. it wasnt as strong as the stock one. he is now changing to a totally different skid.
i thought it looked great but he was definitely disappointed in it. i will get more details and post.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
lets see...

Push turbo...only built Cat Turbos before...
New Lightweight Skid...built by BDX only built Cat stuff...

What next?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
lets see...

Push turbo...only built Cat Turbos before...
New Lightweight Skid...built by BDX only built Cat stuff...

What next?

Probably not an 800 twin:)

I love the cat design personally. I have one in my mtn max and love the way it works. I have ridden one of the kits on a nytro a nd likedit there also. I've got a cat skid ready to go into my nytro as soon as I get a track for it.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
I installed the lightweight suspension and love it. Very easy to adjust to your riding style. Simple and strong. There is only one place to grease,easy to service. The only thing im changing is the drop brackets.

Am i the onlyone with this kit?

H
Jan 13, 2009
broke light weight skid in under 200 miles

installed the new light weight parts on my MCXpress turbo Nytro and broke the front H-arm in three places. The skid worked well and was much lighter.
Looking to get a replacement overnight because it is dumping in Colorado.
And no I didn't hit anything.

H
Jan 13, 2009
repaired front scissor on light weight kit

Today I had Jim Olson of Salida repair my BDX light weight suspension. He milled aluminum shafts and put them inside the broken tubing and welded it all back together. Looks great and should now be stronger. We will see tomorrow.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Do you have picture's where it broke? I've been riding mine all winter with no problems. My buddy just totaled his rmk 800, hit the top of a boulder broke his skid and crushed his tunnel. I would have taken it back to the dealer.

Premium Features