• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Jag Help

A
Jan 13, 2009
I have a 99' jag dlx that I rode all last winter up until I blew it up. I found that my intake nut came loose and cause an airleak. It leaned one side out causing some cyl damage and piston damage. Needless to say I rebuilt the sled 2 new cyl's 2 new pistons and rings and wrist pins and obviously a gasket set. I reset the carbs for the "new motor" . After all the work, and break-in even, It starts like it did 3 yrs ago, it takes like 20-30 pulls to start it. Once it is warm you can pull it once and off you go. Fuel pump maybe? Pulse line? It acts like it cant pick up fuel off the start but you can ride the crap out of it all day, go to start in the morning and its the same scenario. Please help

O
Feb 23, 2008
Hugo MN
i had a 1996 zrt that did about the same thing. found that one of the fuel lines had a tiny crack in it an allowed all the gas to drain back to the tank. replaced all the fuel lines and never had a problem again.

Premium Features