• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Sorry Dan the 850 is a ripper best Polaris out of the box hands down

Fixed it for u.

Everyone with a 19 850 G4 will say theirs is the best out of the box hands down. (Opinion )

Everyone with an Alpha will say theirs is the best out of the box hands down. (Opinion)

This year, They are all hands down the best from each manufacturer, hands down. Fact....

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Total BS...it is a MUCH smaller problem than the fear mongering in this forum.

You're a piss ant on the opinion side of the 850... Give us one reason to buy what you say....

What skin do you have in the game ?

You don't list who you are.....
Where you live....
What you ride...
How old your are...
What experience you bring to the table.

Update your profile or go take a long walk off a short dock Mr troll

Dan

Last edited:
D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Fixed it for u.

Everyone with a 19 850 G4 will say theirs is the best out of the box hands down. (Opinion )

Everyone with an Alpha will say theirs is the best out of the box hands down. (Opinion)

This year, They are all hands down the best from each manufacturer, hands down. Fact....

I have an Alpha wish I would have never got sucked into the hype and bought it. Won’t make that mistake again.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have an Alpha wish I would have never got sucked into the hype and bought it. Won’t make that mistake again.
The Polaris is easy for the general masses. People that don't know how to control a snowmobile and ride to its full potential, it's great for beginners too.
Real technical riders will definitely appreciate how much more capable the Alpha is over any sled ever made.

It's definitely not for everyone.
But it will beat everything out there in 2019 for sure.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com

The Alpha is a great sled, with a great motor...... What's your big prob with it ?

What doesn't it do that you were expecting ?

An Alpha compared to an 850 Polaris as far as customer promise is not even comparable.

You should kiss the ground Cat walks on.

Dan

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
dabull I have an Alpha wish I would have never got sucked into the hype and bought it. Won’t make that mistake again.[/QUOTE said:
Ill be happy to help you unload the POS alpha how much do you want for it?

Last edited:
S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
LOL !!

BS on what ?

On the fact that the new 850 has a few major design issues ?

That the new Polaris 850 is a pig while in break in mode ?

The new Polaris 850 was over hyped ? its not fast on the top-end ( The 2003 Arctric Cat Firecat was fast ) this things a mutt so far.

It has awesome mid-range power once broke in.........but has no top-end performance and its an embarasment on the Big end...and you better stay away from a Good running 800 Axys on the Big end.

And surely stay away from the 850 ski Doo....

Polaris better get their chit together and send out a fuel map that lets this thing unwind on the top-end.

Its a mutt on top-end the way its set up.

Dan

In my limited time riding the 850 I thought it was really underpowered I was sure my 800 stage 4 would run circles around it and my 850 Doo would kill it as far as power but not so much in the chassis department. I wonder if Polaris will still offer the 800 next year

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
This is not common by any stretch... most say they are slow.

I am talking about flat landers when i say slow..... they are the ones that find out about top end speed.

Mountain sleds is much more about Mid Range torque....

You say compared to an 850 ski doo......are you talking hill climbing ?

Or flat out on a lake......? Polaris is a Minnesota company their flatlander sleds should be fast on the big end.

From what i have seen on our shop 129 a Ski Doo 800 will absolutley whip our 850 without a problem.

Dan

We ride steep and deep with big tracked sleds. The Doo pulls very hard on the bottom and then goes flat, the 850 Polaris is flat on the bottom and then rips mid range and keeps pulling and accelerating while climbing. Maybe top speed on a lake is questionable but we don't do that.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The Polaris is easy for the general masses. People that don't know how to control a snowmobile and ride to its full potential, it's great for beginners too.
Real technical riders will definitely appreciate how much more capable the Alpha is over any sled ever made.

It's definitely not for everyone.
But it will beat everything out there in 2019 for sure.

Actually the G4 is a sled for beginners. The G4 is an easy sit down sled that can be steered around no problem. Yes it can be ridden aggressively but it is not necessary. The Polaris AXYS on the other hand is a poor sled to sit and ride. It must be thrown on one ski at all times or off camber conditions will throw you down hill. It is very good when ridden aggressively though. Not sure about the Alpha, maybe the best of both but needs a real diet that will result in better weight distribution.

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
480 miles on my 850 155 2.6 completely stock other than slp comp can. Couldn't be happier with this sled. No way a stage 2 or 3 axys 800 will compare to this 850. I ride with 4 other Axys 800 machines on a regular basis, 155s, 163s, and this 850 never fails to impress. Also My brother has an 18 Doo 850 154 3" and the poo 850 out pulls it every time. He rode it and agrees the poo 850 pulls harder and builds ground speed way faster.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
We ride steep and deep with big tracked sleds. The Doo pulls very hard on the bottom and then goes flat, the 850 Polaris is flat on the bottom and then rips mid range and keeps pulling and accelerating while climbing. Maybe top speed on a lake is questionable but we don't do that.

That is good to hear.......You just have to hope the Ski Doo 800 or 850 doesn't install a Polaris clutch on it.....then the top-end comes into play.

Dan

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
Actually the G4 is a sled for beginners. The G4 is an easy sit down sled that can be steered around no problem. Yes it can be ridden aggressively but it is not necessary. The Polaris AXYS on the other hand is a poor sled to sit and ride. It must be thrown on one ski at all times or off camber conditions will throw you down hill. It is very good when ridden aggressively though. Not sure about the Alpha, maybe the best of both but needs a real diet that will result in better weight distribution.

So the G4 is inferior because it is easier to ride? That should mean its better! I love both the poo and the doo for different reasons but to say that a product sucks because it is easier to ride is a poor way of thinking about it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
In my limited time riding the 850 I thought it was really underpowered I was sure my 800 stage 4 would run circles around it and my 850 Doo would kill it as far as power but not so much in the chassis department. I wonder if Polaris will still offer the 800 next year

every time the manufactures go bigger than 800, it just never seems as successful.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So the G4 is inferior because it is easier to ride? That should mean its better! I love both the poo and the doo for different reasons but to say that a product sucks because it is easier to ride is a poor way of thinking about it.

I find it interesting that you derive that the G4 is inferior because I said it suites beginners? And then you go on to quote me as saying it sucks?? Are you putting your own feelings forward or mine? I said the Poo is bad for sit down riding. Does that mean it sucks too?

N
Dec 18, 2007
You're a piss ant on the opinion side of the 850... Give us one reason to buy what you say....

What skin do you have in the game ?

You don't list who you are.....
Where you live....
What you ride...
How old your are...
What experience you bring to the table.

Update your profile or go take a long walk off a short dock Mr troll

Dan

I have NO skin in this game...none. That is the difference between you and me.

Keep fear mongering and maybe you will drum up some business. You know, that business you say you don't need because you are so busy. But yet, you have plenty of time to keep posting on this thread.

Since we are now resorting to name calling, I have never seen a real engine builder be such an online drama queen.

Premium Features