• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot 850 running on one cylinder?

L
Sep 12, 2018
Today i was ready to go rip my new sks 146 850 with only 4 hours and 60km on it. I started my sled up and was warming it up for about 5 minutes but i gave it some gas while warming it up, which im guessing could be the problem. Well to the point, after i warmed it up i drove it to the garage to fill it with some gas and then suddenly it sounded very weird, much darker than before so i gave it some gas and it had 0 power and sounds like a 4 stroke. If i buy new spark plugs will the cylinder start up and start working again or what do i do?

J
Sep 18, 2011
Western Maine
Sounds like you fouled a plug, pull the plugs to inspect. They will more than likely be soaked with fuel. Plugs are cheap, buy two new ones and install and try it. Might want to pull over with out the plugs in to clear out the excess fuel in the cyl. There's a couple vids on how to clear the cyl's on here.

L
Sep 12, 2018
Sounds like you fouled a plug, pull the plugs to inspect. They will more than likely be soaked with fuel. Plugs are cheap, buy two new ones and install and try it. Might want to pull over with out the plugs in to clear out the excess fuel in the cyl. There's a couple vids on how to clear the cyl's on here.

Thanks for the reply, i'll update you when i have tried it.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
Change plugs, you might as well pick up 4. There is a spare spark plug holder on the back of the spare belt carrier.. You should always carry a spare set..

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Change plugs, you might as well pick up 4. There is a spare spark plug holder on the back of the spare belt carrier.. You should always carry a spare set..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pick up 8 plugs--- they are CHEAP. Always have spares for you and your riding buddies......

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
As said...fouled a plug.

IF it keeps doing it when you leave it sitting overnight (or a few days or whatever)....I have seen one where the injectors were leaking down when not running

L
Sep 12, 2018
Thank you to everyone. I bought new plugs and switched them, now it runs mint. Just one last question, why does it smoke sooo much even when its warm?

Premium Features