• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scratchers question.... I know

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Ice storm scratchers.. on 15 rmk. two 16 sks. Just clipping them on the rail. Not using the holder thing.. they really like to jump out.. am I missing something? Thanks all..

I run the Ice Storm scratchers, but I also use the holder and have not had any issues with them "jumping out" (guessing you mean coming off the rail).

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
Mine have worked great as well. Stay in the holders until I remove them. Do you have the holder as far back on the scratchers as they will go?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I had those Over The Top scratches on my Pro.
Just put them in my Axys and they have serious serious down force.
They are hard to put up on the keeper. I seriously doubt mine will fall off easily right now.

P
Nov 20, 2016
foleyet. ontario
I was just clipping them up on the rail. I thought they could be held up that way. If anything just to keep them in tighter to the rail/have less things hanging off the rail type of idea. I am sure they will stay up with the holders. Thanks a bunch for the replies on this not so flashy topic.. happy New Year to all..

Pat.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Use the supports if you can.

I didn't do that on my '10 and the stainless flapper is considerably harder than the aluminum of the rail and it is chewy some pretty healthy gouges in the top of the rail that are plenty sharp now.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Skidoo scratch best Ive used reversable and more down pressure than crappy cable one. Didnt have to replace 2 to 3 scratchers a yrs like normal. Lol
b7e706d29d232af6a6a0b80b95598294.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
I also use the little holder clips, but they do pop off once in a while. The bend area of the scratcher sticks out further than the track edge. Hitting a hard drift, a little tree, etc., can still pop the scratcher off. Mine have been like this from new, and actually the black paint is worn off in that area. The pic below is not mine, but the area is highlighted in red circle

scratcher.jpg

Premium Features