• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgrading your 2005-2007 M series with the Float Rear Suspension

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I just got mine today. Thanks Michelle!

The kit really comes with everything you need and is a LOT cheaper than ordering the individual parts.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
im lookin @ upgrading to a left over 07 M8 141 or snow checkin a x10 xfire8 this spring bc i want the 141. I can get the 07 @ dealer cost so its a heck of a deal. but looking at the x10's it will be close to 25 lbs less in weight. Will this float replacement help save weight and is it worth gettn the 07???

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
FYI: For all the 05-06 M sleds wanting to do this conversion, I measured the 2009 rails compared to the 05-06 rails, and you will need the front arm Relocation bracket From Holz, AMP, Etc.... to raise it the 1 inch needed to match 2009 Geometry. This is the only change needed from what I can see:)

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Is an '05/'06 with the relocation kit really the same geometry as the '07+? It doesn't look like it in pictures, but I haven't measured it. I should take the rails and just put them next to each other.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Do the new Cats and this conversion only have the Float in the rear arm or does it come with the Float on the front arm too? My front Zero Pro seems to bottom out way to easy. This is on an 05, and coming off Ski-Doos the Cat rear skid doesn't seem to take a hit like the Ski-Doos.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Can't say for the 09' skids but, the conversion kit is a Float only in the rear. You still maintain the spring over in the front.

Maybe your front is blown and needs a re-build??

(sorry about the red dots........I sure pissed someone off....:eek:)

Anyone have some ointment................I;m all red!!:eek:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
:D

LOL!! It's a "Q" but...........you probably right. Sometimes I should just not let my "inside" voice out and shut up I suppose. Oh well, I will probably piss a few off just as sure as the snow is coming soon in Colorado!!

Have a great season.

(Still need ointment........;) )

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Front skid shock with TI spring weighs nearly the same as a float in the front. You can get a float for the front arm shock, and it runs about 350.00 as it is custom and not off the shelf. Only real gain is the adjustability, weight is negligible

I believe it is Shock-Tech in Bethel Maine that does the custom front float

John

M7SLEDHEAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Plato MN
Float Conversion

Just wondering if anyone has tried this on a 2005 with the Holz relocation brackets? Does it work? If so can we see some pictures. Thanks

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has tried this on a 2005 with the Holz relocation brackets? Does it work? If so can we see some pictures. Thanks

I have sold it to a guy who said it worked fine. I also called Holtz personally and they said it would work. I can't for the life of me remeber who it was who bought it but maybe it will come to me later.

Michelle

It was G-Force i membered....WooHoo

Last edited:

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I just installed this kit over the weekend along with the Holz relocation bracket on a 2006 M7 LE. The kits comes with everything you need, pretty impressive for the price I must say. Goes together pretty easy, I also installed a BDX 2 wheel kit. My M7 already had the Titanium springs, but I noticed a weight loss with the Float Conversion. Looking at the float conversion, it seems to me it will hold less snow as well. Overall I am impressed with the install and the looks, now I have to wait to see how it performs!

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
Upjohn please keep us posted on your finds! I also installed the kit on my 06 m7 but won't be able to ride it for awhile. I sure hope it works in the steep and deep!

M
Mar 10, 2009
Morrison, CO
2007 M1000/162 Rear Float Conversion

I'm wanting to buy the 4639-994 Fox float conversion kit for my '07 M1000/162. From what I've concluded after reading many forums is that it will drop in with no mods and that no customization of the shock innards is required. Is this a valid conclusion?? The forum "experts" say that a Holz torque arm relocation kit is reqd for the '05 and '06 Ms but the '07 doesn't need anything beyond the basic AC kit.

Does anyone know if the AC kit comes with the pump.
What's the best price going and where? Michelle? Thanks!!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Order from FreeAgent ......Michelle

Yes mine came with the pump

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Michelle is where and it will fit your 07 rails.

The internal workings of the float is the old steel type that needs to be redone. The steel doesn't have big enough ports for the nitrogen to flow properly. Holtz or any fox dealer can rebuilt with the new aluminum pieces with proper flow. I had Carl's in boise idaho do mine. Total cost was 140.00

This was mine and it was one of the earlier 08 float skids. Don't think they have changed but you might check.

Premium Features