• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Add 1 more year of warranty or Not?

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
As the title says trying to figure out wether or not to extend my warranty 1 more year. The sled is a 16 163 T3 stock other than a can and elka shocks, 3500 miles.
Just rebuilt both clutches, really the only issue I have had to date was the y pipe bolts backed out and caused it to run like crap, haven't touched the top end see no real reason to being under warranty. Just thought id see some opinions for the higher mile guys, id suspect this thing will go to 5k without many problems. However my dealer quoted me about $550 to extend it, seems like cheap insurance. Thoughts, opinions, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Keeping it, girlfriend is going to ride it. I have to get both my hips replaced this year, so no riding for me in the near future.

R
Nov 16, 2016
As the title says trying to figure out wether or not to extend my warranty 1 more year. The sled is a 16 163 T3 stock other than a can and elka shocks, 3500 miles.
Just rebuilt both clutches, really the only issue I have had to date was the y pipe bolts backed out and caused it to run like crap, haven't touched the top end see no real reason to being under warranty. Just thought id see some opinions for the higher mile guys, id suspect this thing will go to 5k without many problems. However my dealer quoted me about $550 to extend it, seems like cheap insurance. Thoughts, opinions, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

If this extends the Bombardier factory warranty without any exclusions...... I would do it.

However, if this is an After-market warranty..... I would think twice about it.

Premium Features