• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

: How satisfied are you with your Arctic Cat?

: How satisfied are you with your Cat

• Total voters

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Not a good day to ask me, Four days riding on a new clutch and I need a new clutch because the jam nut on the spider came loose and had lots of fun:face-icon-small-fro:doh:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
My biggest b1tch is the m1000 not having near enough motor mounts, everytime you clutch it and it doesn't work your never sure if its the motor twisting or the clutching. Best designed two stoke yet though.

H

homeycat

Dec 6, 2007
after 3 yrs im starting to like the m1 but dealer didnt have a clue how do anything on fixing belt issues!!!! cat should've done something on motor mts and why did it take so long to figure out mapping on these things!!!!!

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
My M i sright up there, I'm satisfied, as far as being th ebest, jury's still out, I need to ride more!:face-icon-small-dis

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I feel that the only thing any of the other sleds have on the M is handling on the dragon. Other than that, I've got a ton of miles on 1000's & quite a few on the 8's I've had & compared to what friends deal with on other sleds, I'm very happy I've stuck with the M series.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I think if Cat would fix the problems with the DD and warranty the ('07-'09) ones that are breaking or going down, there would be no sled that even comes close to the perfection that is the M series!

I think its the best thing going for the back country free riding!

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I personally think that although Cat has it's share of problems, they are the best going out of the big 4.....so no, not perfect but better than the other options.

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
i like all three of mine except the primary clutch sucks.

Not much you can do to rebuild them. in four seasons I have bought 2 new primarys and attempted to rebuild the primary with a new spider and ended up buying a new clutch anyways

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
2010 M8

- cheesy shift assist should come stock
- huge frog skin in the airbox from factory is in the incorrect location if you ask me, right above the pipe, on the other side, should be up front of in the airbox
- reinforce the plastic tabs that hold both cables when you lift up the hood
- the gauge angle is still incorrect
- they gave us frog skins up front but none on the huge side vents?
- the bulkhead louvers need to be larger
- the 2010 seat is super slick later in a ride
- the large window in the tunnel to expose the rear cooler is silly
- the rear bumper does not extend out enough, makes it a pain in the butt to use a track stand:face-icon-small-dis
- the key needs to be higher or out of the way of your knees
- oil res threads and molding suck!!!!!......had to cut my ID to allow the cap to fit, still leaks a bit, but not as bad
- the DD planett gearset is a time bomb, just waiting to go off, the inferior brass washers are suspect to say the least and anyone could design a better gearset

understand this is all stock sled related.....so....:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

I love my 09hcr. Slp pipe, bdx intake, slydogs, tons of vents. 850 miles. original belt. This sled pulls hard all day and never misses a beat. I got the clutching and suspension dialed in, and it is amazing. To the bars all day, no problems. Tim

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
I love my '06 M7.

The guy I purchased it from put a lot of 'Old Man Wisdom' into it. He built it a little with the gears, and MBRP can. After I put the 10.4 secondary on there and different clutch springs she is a RIPPER!! And turn key reliable all friggin' day long!!!

I LOOOOOOOVE MY M!!

FRIGGIN' LOVE IT! :face-icon-small-hap

C
Nov 8, 2009
A buddy of mine has an 06 M7 with 380 hours on it, the odometer stopped around 6500 miles but the hours keep ticking. Looks beat, but still runs great, motor is completely original. Never been towed out. No mods but an SLP can. Outclimbs 07 and earlier REV 800s all day long. Best sled for the $$ ever...

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I love my 2008 sno pro M1000.In my fist season I put on close to 5000 mile before the primary clutch broke off and destrode both clutches.
That was in March,two weeks later got my sled back,I had my cases ported on Arctic Cat when they had it apart to replace the crank.By june I got another 1500 miles on her for the season.
Over the summer I sent my sled to Brent Linderman @ Arctic Edge to put new pistons,ported top end and a clipped head.
I also did challenger extreme track,speedwerxs pipe,boondocker fuel control,CPC torsional clutch kit and all the Linderman magic that goes with his top quality work.
Since then I have almost two more seasons on her with over four thousand more absolute trouble free miles,running a little over two hundred honest horse power.
It has the origional diamond drive too.
When I purchaced this sled I never dreamed in a million years that I would have a sled that would ever run this long this good.
Will I buy another one?
Yes and thats a for sure,I am going to get a hold over 2010 M1000 and take it to Brent and get the Cutler race gas turbo with Brents full porting.
He has a couple out on the mountain with over two thousand miles on running 18 pounds boost.I'm getting a woody just thinking about it.
Any questions feel free to PM me.

Dave

Premium Features