• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extra m1000 motor mount

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Twisted Turbos sells a kit that includes the push arm and torque stop. I don't know how the price compares, but then you would know you had all the right parts.

S
Dec 2, 2007
Cottonwood
torque stop and motor mount, where is shane?

Twisted Turbos sells a kit that includes the push arm and torque stop. I don't know how the price compares, but then you would know you had all the right parts.

how do I get that kit. Should I order a oil resevoir while I am at it? Sounds like you can't get at without breaking the oil can?
D

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Just curious sounds like form stock there is only one mount on the mag side?? Mine has one on each already, so im thinking the extra mount has been added? Or am i wrong.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
Can we get away with just installing the stop or do we have to install both the stop and the mount??

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Can we get away with just installing the stop or do we have to install both the stop and the mount??

If you have dug in deep enough to install the stop on the mag side, this would include pulling the PITA oil bottle, throttle bodies, etc. They you might just as well install the motor stop. I guarantee you it won't hurt.

Thunder

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
I'm going to call twisted tomorrow. It sounds like they're confident they have a kit to end the belt blower M1000 issues....

G
Apr 4, 2008
Here is a picture of the torque stop I put on. I'm pretty sure this is about what Shain does. You have to remove the oil bottle which is a pain. Plan on buying a new oil bottle before you pull it out. After doing 2 of them now I think if I'm real lucky the next one I might get out without destroying.

When using that torque stop, you might want to back it up with a washer and a nut right behind the rubber torque stop. The stud is only spot welded in and, if it lets go, will go through the rubber and possibly against the case.
Sounds like an air chisel at WOT.

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
I just installed the Twisted motor mount kit and it has the nut right behind the rubber stop. This kit was a jober to install but it looks like it will work really well. When I ran it on a stand the motor moved very little. I have yet to put some miles on to see if the belt issues are resolved. The only hurdle I ran into was reconnecting the cooling lines on the bottom of the throttle bodies. Does anyone know an easy way to reconnect the lines..maybe going in from the belly pan underneath? Does anyone know if this kit will affect the clutching, and what changes may have to be made??

Last edited:

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Gods country B.C. !
Just picked up my sled from Linderman yesterday and he he installed a prototype mount on the mag side for me, very clean and simple and the quality you would expect from Brent. And it would be a breeze to install, not like the nightmare the other one sounds like. Question is, how much do these extra mounts increase the vibration of this already ridiculous monster? And what effects will the vibration have on other components on the sled?

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
Just picked up my sled from Linderman yesterday and he he installed a prototype mount on the mag side for me, very clean and simple and the quality you would expect from Brent. And it would be a breeze to install, not like the nightmare the other one sounds like. Question is, how much do these extra mounts increase the vibration of this already ridiculous monster? And what effects will the vibration have on other components on the sled?

I put my Richter Magnitude Scale to it yesterday an it went from a 7.4 (pre motor mount) to a 5.2 magnitude (post). Actually I did notice less vibration when idling and running on a stand... I guess the true test will come here shortly.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.

Has anyone heard anymore about Linderman's kit? Does anyone have a number for him?

Aaron

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
M1k t body coolant line delete?

has anybody cut off the lines heating the valve bodies? or put a shutoff in the loop?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
do these mounts have to be done to a 09 m1000 also or did they change that between 07,08 to the 09..... thanks
Yes, a torque stop is a good idea on an '09-'10. Depending on who you ask, adding another front motor mount is also a good idea. Your '09 does have a better (solid) mount on the PTO side plate than the '07-'08s have.

Premium Features