• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vanamburg Boondock matched wit stock tunnel

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Who has pics of this. Vanamburg rear section matched wit the stock cat front for a m series. Thanks, I know I've seen it somewheres

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Not sure what you are actually askin for but 06 m7 with Van amburg boondocker tunnel to match....Ummmmm completely stock on the front end.LOL
HPIM2249.jpg

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
It looks awesome! I dont have pictures of my M8 with it installed, but it looks sweet. The cost is a little bit more, but less than a boondock tunnel and a million times better then a BDX crack apart. The welding and craftsmanship on the VE is amazing. Great material very strong. No questions of strength. Pull your buddies out of the woods with out any worries. I am a happy VE customer
Picture200011.jpg

Here is what it looks like when it comes. I bought the running board edges too. I had a bunch of stuff powder coated I will post later.
img1242699802918.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
It looks awesome! I dont have pictures of my M8 with it installed, but it looks sweet. The cost is a little bit more, but less than a boondock tunnel and a million times better then a BDX crack apart. The welding and craftsmanship on the VE is amazing. Great material very strong. No questions of strength. Pull your buddies out of the woods with out any worries. I am a happy VE customer
Picture200011.jpg

Here is what it looks like when it comes. I bought the running board edges too. I had a bunch of stuff powder coated I will post later.
img1242699802918.jpg

Thats cool seein the same sled off the assembly line in almost the same end result Kudos...........

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Picture200011.jpg

img1242699802918.jpg

Was this custom buildt by VE or can you buy them? i didn't see it anywhere on the website. also interested in what you did with the cooler

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
Here's a pic of the VE bumper kit on an 07 153 M, with flattened intercooler, BDX footwell brackets, and 09 flap/tailight. This is very tough & a cheaper option for consideration vs the full tunnel kit. Stay away from the POS BDX bumper mod IMO.

VEBumper.jpg

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Here's a pic of the VE bumper kit on an 07 153 M, with flattened intercooler, BDX footwell brackets, and 09 flap/tailight. This is very tough & a cheaper option for consideration vs the full tunnel kit. Stay away from the POS BDX bumper mod IMO.

VEBumper.jpg

Ya they have these on sale right now somewhere on here i think $199.00 if i remember correctly i just can't find link right now.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
thats what i was lookin for lynxer.. But the tunnels dont seem too match up in the pics there..

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
The M7 is not my sled. It is another guy on SnoWest's sled. He gave me the idea. I have a 08 m8 That is why my rear section is a little different 08 is an odd duck. I will have to post pictures of mine when I get everything done and I have some time to pull it out. I have not 100% figured out what I am going to do about the cooler yet either. My friends tell me to use the stock stuff. I have a U Cooler from an older Mountain Cat that I am thinking about bending to fit onto my sled. I am kind of stumped there too. I havent had time to call VE to see what they suggest (probably one of the expensive coolers they sell) I am considering just making my own cooler set up out of other sled cooler parts. I know the CrossFires have larger coolers and I like to ride the trail a little bit so I think the larger cooler may be the way I go. I am open to any input on what to use for a cooler as I am sure Sledhed88 is. What do you guys use when you buy the complete boondock tunnel? Has anyone else bought the rear section from VE? I just PMed the guy with that M7 and he told me to call VE so I did and 2 weeks later they sent me a tunnel section!

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
im running this one and im using the the stock cooler and it works fine mine is a 07 on paper everthing is upgraded though
Picture116.jpg

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
You are still using the stock closing though. The angle changes with the boondock extension. I plan on pulling mine out and working on it this weekend I will figure something out. The last thing I want is cooling problems. Is there such thing as having to much coolers? I know the weight of the extra coolent, but I can deal with that. If the capacity is raised will it put any extra stress on the water pump or anything? I cant see why it would, but just a question.

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
Don't quote me, but I thought I saw he was talking about maybe selling it and moving up to a m8 a while back.

H
Nov 27, 2001
Bismarck, ND
Ya they have these on sale right now somewhere on here i think $199.00 if i remember correctly i just can't find link right now.

So with this bumper kit, do you just trim the excess material off your stock tunnel extenssion with a cut off wheel, or? As in the rear running boards, tunnerl edges, that sort of stuff? I think this is the one im gonna run on my '08 m1000. I will definately be switching coolers though to something flatter, or driving over my stock one like I have seen done on here! haha. Is the crossfire cooler flat? I wouldnt mind some extra cooling capacity since I live in ND and this sled also see's a fair amount of ditch banging action in between our trips out west.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Hey everyone mike got the new pictures of this on our website. Look under at the m-series parts!

Just installed the new VEI Bumper on my 08 M1000 with the Van Amburg heat exchanger. I used stock 09 tunnel/running board gussets and everything fit awesome. Just gotta wait to get to the Arctic Cat dealership to get the 09 fap and LED.............. Love the look of my sled now!!!!!!!!

V
Nov 27, 2007
Nelson BC
Ditch1000 can you post some pictures? I'm think of doing the same thing.

Who is the best person to buy Van Amburg bumpers from at reduced cost? Or just order directly from Van Amburg?

Last edited:
Premium Features