• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18 sidewinder fuel pickup extensions

S

sledheadjake

Aug 31, 2009
Bonners Ferry ID
So today on very steep downhill incline with a quarter tank of fuel my sled died, then would not restart until I pulled the ass end below the front. How hard of a job is it to extend the pickups?

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Mine does that also ...I haven’t looked into trying anything to make it work better.

S

sledheadjake

Aug 31, 2009
Bonners Ferry ID
So I pulled out my gas gauge sending unit an I could see that the fuel pickup on the right side of the tank was 6 " too far back. So I pulled the fuel pump and added on just the right side fuel pickup tube 6" of 5/16 of fuel line. The whole project only took me about an hour. Should be good to go now

J
Dec 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
So I pulled out my gas gauge sending unit an I could see that the fuel pickup on the right side of the tank was 6 " too far back. So I pulled the fuel pump and added on just the right side fuel pickup tube 6" of 5/16 of fuel line. The whole project only took me about an hour. Should be good to go now
Do you have any pic's or can you elaborate on what exactly you did? Im having the same issues when i shut my sled off on a down hill... Has this solved the issue ?

Premium Features