• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 artic cat release ???

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I do not want to see durability and strength sacrificed to lower the number on the weight line in a brochure. I have to sell and work on sleds and the M Cat is a perfect balance of power and strength. It is like when Cat shrunk the ATV racks to save on some weight, people who purchase the Cat ATVs don't purchase them to get the light weight sport machine, they get it to hunt and mob through the mud with. In the field I want a sled that will get me into the mountains 40 miles and get me out. I hope the new line continues to give us useful thing like adjustable steering column and stock snow eliminator running boards. Don't weaken my frame to lower a number in a brochure column.

Those weakened atv racks saved me from a broken leg though so i think im ok with that. I have the heavy duty one on there now though. I endoed my 700 efi and the stock rack bent on my leg, it was just enough give to not break anything when the rack bent in half.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
m1000 HO SNOPRO

The M-Series chassis is great not much too improve their. The new 2009-10 tunnel and boards and rear kick up is much improved over the 2007-08 tunnel.
M1000 190 to 200 horsepower would be huge! It works!:face-icon-small-hap

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Ya the M series and 1M are pretty close:face-icon-small-dis other than all the suspension, motor mounting, underhood layout, all the plastic and hood, firewall, seat, tunnel, track, motors, clutches, diamond drive, skis, and of course weight. That sounds pretty close to me. Just because the bulkhead is of the same basic structure doesnt mean the sleds are alike. My 98 ZR 600 had a bulkhead with the same basic structure as an M series. Does that mean they are pretty much the same?

From the '93 ZR to the '06 King. Same basic bulkhead. Definate differences going from steel to aluminum but with minor modifications any of cat's motors would swap back and forth.

Look up the name 'bearcat' on the forum and some of his pics of his M-Series/Old School build.....you wouldn't have a clue as to what it really is until you see under the hood. However, I agree, completely different bulkhead/drivetrain/steering/tunnel.

I have a '94 ZR 700 in a '99 bulkhead with '04 plastic. It all fit extremely well. Like they were made for eachother. :face-icon-small-sho

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
They pulled the link, but I saved 3 of the pics. I posted them on BCR

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
Can't you post them on here? I can't find them anywhere.

I have an aunt that lives in Pinedale and we used to travel out there every year until we accidentally had a baby.... wouldn't trade him for the world, but I do miss those trips!

Premium Features