• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 limited wont rev past 6800

M
Feb 19, 2008
Montana
Running fine then like a light switch wont pull past 6800. Unplugged control box for turbo and plugged in back to stock same thing. Bottom end to midrange seem ok but when you put throttle to bar it just falls on face and wont rev. Not sure if it quits fueling or if power valves arent working. The pto cylinder looked pretty lean to me. ANY HELP?i

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Prob a sidekick turbo?

If so, ecu gets hot, power valves act up.

Make sure they are adjustable right to.

I am help but need more info, your welcome to call

M
Feb 19, 2008
Montana
Wyo it is a sidekick. Im going to be working on it this afternoon. Had it thawing out in shop last night and just got all the plastics pulled off. I would GREATLY appreciate any advice you have. Is this the best way to contact you? Thanks!

M
Feb 19, 2008
Montana
Hey wyo- do you know of a "fix" for that ecu overheating? I put some heat tape on it however, i would say the issue is coming from the bottom side off of the y-pipe. Theres about 3-4" of clearance which i would think is enough but maybe not? Im at a total loss on this thing. Power valve servo is operating correctly and cables seem to be within spec. I took the whole system apart and did notice the pto throttle body wasnt sealing properly. Im assuming this is where my lean plug reading on that cylinder was coming from BUT could this cause it to not pull r's? Would the ecu de-tune if it senses a lean condition? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!! Brand new sled with under a hundred miles. The season is quickly getting away from me!!

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
You say one cylinder looks lean. Did you do a compression check?

76Camaro

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
I had an issue last weekend where my 13 was only pulling 6400. Found that the nut for the reverse buzzer came off and let it fall onto the exhaust and melt the insulation causing it to ground out. Ecu thought the motor was in reverse.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
307 272 1695. Text me, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Please include a little details so I know who you are. I get lots of ppl asking questions.

Premium Features