• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M Series Rear suspensions arms on King Cat skid

A
Feb 25, 2010
Boston Mass
I have a skid out of my 1M 162, and I just found that the arms that mount up to the front and rear shock are bent and I have a set of arms from the skid my previous M Series sled. Can I run those suspension arms from a M-Series skid? Any modification needed? Anyone running this currently? Any better or worse than stock 1M arms? Any info helps.:frusty:

Thanks!

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
I just installed a complete M float skid, I think the front arms are similar in dimension?....Rear?
Boston? N.Shore here

A
Feb 25, 2010
Boston Mass
1M/M series skid

South of Boston here. I wasn't sure if there was any modification needed to get the arms to fit under the tunnel or to have the skid sit in the stock location. Still new to the modifications.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The C-C distance is the same. What year M skid are we talking about?

No matter the year, the M front arm will not just bolt up to the King Cat rails. The mounting style is different. Also, the M arm is designed to be mounted higher off the rail. You could probably fab up a mount to make it work. Assuming you're not talking about a float suspension, the rear arm should work with no issue. If you are talking a float, then you need to make both the front/rear arms work, but the rear should still bolt up just fine.

A
Feb 25, 2010
Boston Mass
Its an 04 King Cat skid. No floats. So looks like I will have to get a new front arm and use the m series arm in the rear. Is there any change with the M series reaar arm or is it basically the same?

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I meant what year M are the donor arms from? If they are from the torsion spring setup, you should be fine on the rear arm.

Premium Features