• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a front dump can 05 KK or ideas.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
I have an 05 king kat carb. This has the worst right side bog you could imagine. I have built snow deflectors at the exhaust outlet and taped off the air intaked on the exhaust side but no luck. When I side hill or rodeo on the right it damn near dies. Thinking i need to dump the exhaust at the tower. What can or set up works best for this. The sled is all stock with 300 miles. Not looking to change much as far as the carb and air intake goes unless needed.

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
Jaws performnce makes a shock tower dump can for the 900's. But its Stupid loud I ran one for 2 years and its bad.

You could also buy one from arctic cat it wont help without weight loss but its allot quieter.

1712-186---Arctic cat front dump can part number.

http://www.jawsperformance.com/

I have heard of guys doing some jetting changes that will help with Bog issues.

Goodluck,

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Been there done that.

Made a SLIGHT difference. Not enough to justify the work.

Not that it's much work to cut the side panel and install, but I didn't see any difference.

The number 1 thing for the deep snow, right side bog on these is Jetting.

It must be spot on.

And even at that it will still do it from time to time.

The second thing is you must know the situations its going to happen. And when you are getting to the situation you need to know how to get out of it.

Example, you know for a fact if you are going downhill with 2foot of fresh, and you want to lay it into the hill and roll it around to the right and climb back up the hill. You have better have it tapped out before you stuff the right side deep in the snow and bury the hood and everything else. It will pull right through if you have it wound up.

Just have to forsee those times and ride around it.

Now if you are looking for a really nice bottom dump can I have an HPS that is like brand new, maybe 5 rides, $175. plus shipping.

Thunder

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I got a hold of a set of stingers from SLP and had them welded up to run out the front. It helped a lot but x2 on the jetting. I also put on a pair of thunder power jets and that pretty much damn near took care of it. Never had the bog with my 975.

M

mattwiles

Feb 24, 2009
columbia falls montana
Powder bog blues

Don't wast your money on the slp can with the extra exhaust tube, it don't help any. I wondered if twins with stingers would work better but I have no experience with them. I have the same issue and my sled runs perfect!

T
Sep 22, 2008
Had that same sled,I got a dnd can made a few mounting brackets zip cut there welds turned there dump point. cut a hole,behind the shock muffler shop for 90 boom front dump proplem solved,loved that sled after that.,

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
I have a set of Jaws D pipes with a front dump can. Workes great but is loud, I have made some modifications to the can so it isn't as loud as a stock jaws can but it is loud. Letting the setup go for $200 + shipping.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Been there done that.

Made a SLIGHT difference. Not enough to justify the work.

Not that it's much work to cut the side panel and install, but I didn't see any difference.

The number 1 thing for the deep snow, right side bog on these is Jetting.

It must be spot on.

And even at that it will still do it from time to time.

The second thing is you must know the situations its going to happen. And when you are getting to the situation you need to know how to get out of it.

Example, you know for a fact if you are going downhill with 2foot of fresh, and you want to lay it into the hill and roll it around to the right and climb back up the hill. You have better have it tapped out before you stuff the right side deep in the snow and bury the hood and everything else. It will pull right through if you have it wound up.

Just have to forsee those times and ride around it.

Now if you are looking for a really nice bottom dump can I have an HPS that is like brand new, maybe 5 rides, $175. plus shipping.

Thunder

Do you remember what your jetting was? I'm full stock and dont want to do many mods if avoidable. My bog is horrible. Just doing a side hill in 1ft will almost kill it. Had to turn out last season and nearly went over a boulder. The can you have....how loud and do you think it helps at all with the bog

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Jettin the king kat

What are guys running on the stock 900 for jetting. I know these motors are prone to burn down on the trail and I am scared to go too lean on jetting. This is a new motor with 300miles and was put in and set up by the local dealer. I'm nuts on with the jetting according to the jet chart for elevation and according to the dealer. Typically ride 4-7k

I also have a deflector to help keep the end of the exhaust clear and the exhaust side air intake blocked on the bulk head.

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
One thing is to run zr needles.

Next build a intake tube and remove the speedo, suck air from there, I was going to do that before I sold my KK. Or add some of the slp powder valves, just incase ur not pulling air. Best thing would be to add some egt gauges to make sure ur not running lean.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Do you remember what your jetting was? I'm full stock and dont want to do many mods if avoidable. My bog is horrible. Just doing a side hill in 1ft will almost kill it. Had to turn out last season and nearly went over a boulder. The can you have....how loud and do you think it helps at all with the bog

I ran 350/360 mains, and I lowered the needle one notch above center. I know this is the WRONG way to avoid the lean mid range. But It really cleaned it up in the transition between idle and WFO. I was just smart and never let anyone else ride it and I never held it at 6500rpm for three miles at a time.

The HPS can sounds really good. Has a little bark to it but I honestly love the sound of this can. If you are interested I will get it boxed up and ship it to ya. Again I ran the 350/360's with this can and the stock pipe.

Thunder

Premium Features