• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault shocks on Narrow RMK a arms?!

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
Will it work or will it f**k it up too much? I know there is almost in inch difference in length and I've seen it done but don't know how it would work. Just folded 2 a arms so I have an option of getting the narrow ones if it will work. Need input ASAP

Thanks

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Won't work unless you have them shortened. I believe Carl's Cycle's does a shock mod in order to make it work. Also, once there modded and on, you probably want to remove the sway bar as well due to the shock difference.

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Will it work or will it f**k it up too much? I know there is almost in inch difference in length and I've seen it done but don't know how it would work. Just folded 2 a arms so I have an option of getting the narrow ones if it will work. Need input ASAP

Thanks

You should give the guys at Mainjet a call...they should be able to tell you.

Won't work unless you have them shortened. I believe Carl's Cycle's does a shock mod in order to make it work. Also, once there modded and on, you probably want to remove the sway bar as well due to the shock difference.

No need to remove the swaybar on an Assault...it's already gone:face-icon-small-win

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke

I've seen them done. All it does is push the skis down an other inch. Just wondering if if messes up the geometry too much

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
You should give the guys at Mainjet a call...they should be able to tell you.

No need to remove the swaybar on an Assault...it's already gone:face-icon-small-win

Yeah I know, I think he's asking about putting Assault shocks on Pro RMK. The Pro RMK as the sway bar unlike a the Assault. That's why I mentioned he probably would want to remove the sway bar from the RMK.

Last edited:

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
Yeah I know, he's asking about putting Assault shocks on Pro RMK. The Pro RMK as the sway bar unlike a the Assault. That's why I mentioned he probably would want to remove the sway bar from the RMK.

I think he is talking about putting rmk A-arms on an assault.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yes guys do I need to spell it out letter for letter?

This guy is right. And I got till 5 to make my decision when Mainjet closes

Sorry man, when I looked at it I assumed you had a Pro RMK and were looking at doing Assault Shocks as it really doesn't specify.

Have you ridden your Assault with the skis set to the narrowest setting? A lot of guys claim the Assault with the upgraded shocks and no sway bar actually handle very well when comparing to the Pro RMK.

Assault set at narrowest ski setting is 41.5 / no sway bar
Pro RMK at narrowest ski setting is 39

2.5 inches difference divided by two and it comes down to 1.25 on each side of the sled.
The question is, will it really be worth the coin???? Some guys will probably say yes and others no.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
It's just $$$$$ you can always make more!!

Last edited:
S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
Sorry man, when I looked at it I assumed you had a Pro RMK and were looking at doing Assault Shocks as it really doesn't specify.

Have you ridden your Assault with the skis set to the narrowest setting? A lot of guys claim the Assault with the upgraded shocks and no sway bar actually handle very well when comparing to the Pro RMK.

Assault set at narrowest ski setting is 41.5 / no sway bar
Pro RMK at narrowest ski setting is 39

2.5 inches difference divided by two and it comes down to 1.25 on each side of the sled.
The question is, will it really be worth the coin???? Some guys will probably say yes and others no.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Yeah man I'm just in a bitchy mood after today. The thing is, I buy one a arm new for this for 190 or a set of take offs from here that are narrow for 350 to my door. For the extra bit I thought it would be worth it. But Its done, I decided to order my one wide a arm. Now, I need to find shocks. Nobody out here will be selling a single walker evans front shock. So I need any sort of shocks I can find with 18.25 ish C2C

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yeah man I'm just in a bitchy mood after today. The thing is, I buy one a arm new for this for 190 or a set of take offs from here that are narrow for 350 to my door. For the extra bit I thought it would be worth it. But Its done, I decided to order my one wide a arm. Now, I need to find shocks. Nobody out here will be selling a single walker evans front shock. So I need any sort of shocks I can find with 18.25 ish C2C

Not a problem, had those days as well.

Have you tried Polaris parts house for a shock for Walker Evans direct?

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
380862_2532031814256_1057323907_2734912_931723691_n.jpg

381732_2533095160839_1057323907_2735663_628843372_n.jpg

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I'm getting rmk a arms for my assault and my dealer is shortening my assault shocks.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Polaris parts house is way to long shipping. And walker evans is too much$$$ Got some lines on fox zero pros off the cats

Really? Fed Ex is overnight air, and they do their own customs clearance. Thinking no matter what that's as fast as you'll find anywhere. Of course probably cost you $80 or so to cover shipping costs.. Just saying that there's another option for you.. Just have them prepay the freight and bill you if you don't have a fed ex acct.

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
that looks nice! how did you bust the a-arm?

bet some guys have take-off WE around here for you. good luck bud, and remember you still have a long season ahead!

I climbed up through some trees, couldn't quite make it over the top so I turned out..... Apparently I should have turned out to the right instead of left. My sled had a hug with a tree much bigger than itself.

And I've only found a couple, none who seem to be replying to their inboxes

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
I climbed up through some trees, couldn't quite make it over the top so I turned out..... Apparently I should have turned out to the right instead of left. My sled had a hug with a tree much bigger than itself.

And I've only found a couple, none who seem to be replying to their inboxes

I've got a buddy that has a set of take-off RMK arms and the Pro RMK WE's (non remote res) off a 2012. The only thing is that if you went this route, you'd probably want to get a swaybar. PM me if you want his contact info.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
So I tried putting the WE needles on my PRO RMK and the spring when off the ground (i.e. jumping) was pretty close to the upper a-arm. Seems it would sit pretty high up. Also, the sway bar would need to be removed for sure. It limited the distance the arms would move down to just short of the shock length for the bottom bolt installation. I went to Carl's to have them shorten them and they told me don't waste my time or money on it. It will produce around 1.5" less travel also. I say buy the stock arms and roll. Also, I couldn't find any aftermarket companies that make Assault a-arms. Contacted Holz and looked at Z-Broz and came up short. Weird huh?

Premium Features