• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

insulating trailer walls with finished interior

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I just picked up an 7x22 drive on drive off trailer. I'm going to do a webasto heater in this setup. Only problem is the interior is finished already. Don't want to think of taking the interior walls down as an option. anyone have any ideas for insulating the walls without taking the inner skin off?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
None that you would be happy with.

1. Blow in foam which would likely bubble the panels
2. Remove the outer panels :face-icon-small-hap

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
add a layer of foam board over top of the inside and refinish over top of that.

Short of taking the inner skin out and insulating it, that leaves you with few undesirable options.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I have a 7x29 with a 40k BTU suburban furnace and it does great without insulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Have run finished walls and ceiling with and without insulation, different trailers, with heat. No heated floors. Unless you're sleeping in them or running professionally, it's a waste of time and money. And on sunny days, you lose some solar transfer - you now have a big cooler with wheels. Spend the savings on LP.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Even if you are sleeping in it, it won't hurt anything to not have it insulated.

An occasional over night will be just fine.

If you are planning on extended stays, now that is a different story.

Premium Features