• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Arctic Cat and after market skis

I plan on upgrading to the 2015 m series cat next winter. Have any of you put after market skis on your 2012-2014 m series? Just trying to get any info on stock skis to after market. I ride a 2010 M8 now with the stock skis but feel there could be something better. Thanks for any info.

Adam

M
Jan 17, 2010
SW, MT
Most replies to your question will be to get powder pros or polaris strippers and the stock skis are junk. Ran stock on my 09 M8 and put powder pros on my 13 proclimb. Love the powder pros and after spending a little time on the 09 today I noticed a big difference in the snow conditions where I'm at. You won't be disappointed with aftermarket skis.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I bought the new bx skis they work much better than stock but I was disappointed with how heavy they are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

T

Tre4ISU

Jan 15, 2013
Powder Pros but I have heard good things about the new C&As. Personally, I've not tried anything but Powder Pros.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I got to see my first set of Mohawks on a Cat this weekend. I really liked them, but I've already got powder pro's so no sense in changing now.

M

martin

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota
I put the Sly Dog Powder Hounds on my '13 M8 right away last year because the stock skis are junk! Sly Dog offers a Hell Hound model that is an aggressive ski that is 7.25" wide. They offer the Powder Hound in 7" and 8" models. I have the 8" Powder Hounds on mine and love them. You can customize the skis to match the color of your sled too, which is pretty cool.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i had Powder Pros, way better than stock. sold those to my buddy. now i have Mohawks and they are just as good in the deep, but handle better on the trail. they don’t dart as much.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Going to try out these ones :)

http://swedtechracing.se/node/45

A crossbreed between SLP PP and C&A`s.
Best of both world into one ski. Price is good also.

They came out of a test with C&A MTX, SLP PP, these ones and Polaris grippers. These ones came out better than the grippers.
And the price is pretty much the same for a new set of grippers bought here in Norway, or a sett of C&A MTX from the states included the taxes and shipping.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Im running the C&A MTX's and there ok? A bit to wide in my opinion. I would like to dump them to be honest.

Bushpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2005
C&A BTX are great skis- Track and float well, reverse well, easy to side hill
C&A MTX Great for heavy sleds. Track well, Float extreme 8' wide, harder to sidehill
powderpros- track OK, float well, reverse well, sidehill easy(even better if modded)
Mowhawk- Have not tried yet
slydog 7- Track ok, Float well, reverse nominal, Sidehill easy
slydog 8- Track ok, Float extreme, reverse nominal, harder to sidehill
polaris Gripper- Track and float well, reverse well, easy to side hill

Any skis you go with are better than stock. You can order some from arctic cat catalog for a good price (powderpros-C&A) you cant go wrong with most aftermarket skis
It just depends on what you want to do with them

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
My C&A pro MTX's are for sale if anybody is interested. There white with black loops. Maybe 100 miles on them.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
USI Triple Threats .
I run with no rear fin. Great floatation,easy counter steer and good on the trail. I've had Simons and C&A so I have not owned them all . USI triple threats are worth looking at.

Premium Features