• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse 1155 stroker

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Just bought a 1155 stroker from Paul, have anyone tryed this against a stock turboed sled? Any videoes ,photos?please tell me about your expearience :) is it relyable?Cant wait to try it.He gives great service:)

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Your going to love it! I had to turn my boost controller completely off so I was only about 14 psi to keep rpms where they use to be running 20 psi on my other motor. Just as impressive is the throttle response. Everyone (including myself) always thinks their sled is responsive, and has little to no lag. Its night and day with the stroker if one is honest. I haven't even turned the boost up past the wastegate setting. Did you do cams/oversized valves/porting as well?

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Your going to love it! I had to turn my boost controller completely off so I was only about 14 psi to keep rpms where they use to be running 20 psi on my other motor. Just as impressive is the throttle response. Everyone (including myself) always thinks their sled is responsive, and has little to no lag. Its night and day with the stroker if one is honest. I haven't even turned the boost up past the wastegate setting. Did you do cams/oversized valves/porting as well?

yes everything:) just cant wait. jay att cr had a used engine att paul already , so i bought it for a good price:) how long did it take to put it together?

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
stroker

Look up Zebiraross' nypex on youtube for some video. Just search nypex then look for Zebiraross. That thing has response period. If my Apex had had throttle response like that I would still be driving it.

Wes

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
I am not joking the throttle response on Zeb's stroker is like nothing I have felt except an electric motor

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Hi what kind of turbo are you using?do you got video when you ride the stroker and som photos of the head and closed deck?

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
I don't plan on keeping my boost as low as it was. Ill probably end up around 17-18. You don't need a aftermarket clutch unless your running a lot of weight in the primary and a lot of rpm's. Usually your rev limiter is going to keep you safe. Once you start bumping up the boost/primary weight/rpm's your looking for trouble.

Sorry I actually don't have any vid of the stroker yet. Lack of snow last year I only rode a few times.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
I don't plan on keeping my boost as low as it was. Ill probably end up around 17-18. You don't need a aftermarket clutch unless your running a lot of weight in the primary and a lot of rpm's. Usually your rev limiter is going to keep you safe. Once you start bumping up the boost/primary weight/rpm's your looking for trouble.

Sorry I actually don't have any vid of the stroker yet. Lack of snow last year I only rode a few times.

are you using stock clutch now

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Stm clutches and autronic sm4 ecu

Beware autronic sm4: injector drivers are failing very often, too often. in one of my supra, it failed twice within 3500km. We use to be an autronic dealer but man, we had so much failure we had to let it go.
for the same retail price you can get a much better ECU/software combo......
just my .02

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Just bought a 1155 stroker from Paul, have anyone tryed this against a stock turboed sled? Any videoes ,photos?please tell me about your expearience :) is it relyable?Cant wait to try it.He gives great service:)

Stm clutches and autronic sm4 ecu

So if i understand this right , you are running one of pauls (impulse) fully built stroker engine , but not running his turbo , standalone ECU setup to go with it . if that right i think that is a mistake:sorry: .
I take it that Paul would have a turbo kit and ECU set up ( with fuel and timing map) for the stroker motor , thats what i would be running with it , may cost more at the start , but will save you money in the long run.

I was in the same boat when i had my alpine turbo kit with a standalone ECU on it and had a tuner that could not tune my lawn mower , so i decided to go with JIm (OSP ) i sold what i had i got the complete engine , turbo kit , wiring etc from OSP , that way if something bad happen it would not be blamed on some part(s) i reused from some other kit.

Premium Features