• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Valdez

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Hey I was wondering what kind of conditions the Valdez areas got... M1ke and I are thinking about goin over for a ride on Thompson pass or anywhere else over yonder sometime between now and the 9th of Feb. Any info would be great, Thank you, :devil:

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
snowed 8" last night. Supposed to snow about another 16" or maybe more over the next few days. Went up Loveland bowl and up behind girls mountain on saturday up over 5500'. The glaciers are safe for travel now so if it is clear you can get up to some pretty insane terrain.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Awesome! We will however continue to do snow dances.... BTW you wouldn't want to show a couple guys around would ya??? I mean we can follow tracks but would have no idea where to go. Thanx, :devil:

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
sure, I'll show you guys around. I know this place inside and out. bad-light= tree riding.
Good Light=go up high

I have sat-sunday off. Gimme a call or pm me before you come down.

322-3235

Thanks
Evan

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Hey man,,Before you come down consider this..

Yes its snowed a few inches but we are still 70 some inches below average. Basically this snow is hiding the rocks that have been exposed from the winds and rain.

I would give it some time first. Just my opinoin..

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
Supposed to add up to over 45 inches in the pass over the next 36 hours. This is on top of the 13+ or so inches they got over last night. Its 35 degrees and raining in town pretty hard though.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Avalanche has moved to extreme!!

For those of you that have not heard The avy danger has moved to extreme..

Most of you who have lived here over a year know that this is a bad area to be in with the snow conditions..

The snow we have has just covered up the big rocks. And the glaciers are still not safe! flat landers will have enough to play but its not our typical snow depth year. Yes we probably have more snow than some places. But nothing spectacular yet.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
For those of you that have not heard The avy danger has moved to extreme..

Most of you who have lived here over a year know that this is a bad area to be in with the snow conditions..

The snow we have has just covered up the big rocks. And the glaciers are still not safe! flat landers will have enough to play but its not our typical snow depth year. Yes we probably have more snow than some places. But nothing spectacular yet.

quit trying to scare everyone away from coming to valdez so that you can have the whole place to yourself

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
quit trying to scare everyone away from coming to valdez so that you can have the whole place to yourself

Really newbie!!! Get a clue..

If they don't believe me check the websites For someone who moved here less than a year ago you haven't a clue. Peopl like you are the ones we go looking for when you have your head up your AZZ!!

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
you're a ******* retard. I have every right to live in Valdez just as much as you do. Its people like you that give this place a bad rep by being a dick to everyone from "outside"

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
nothing was said about your rights BOY. What is being said is people have the right to know what is really happening down here. Dont mislead people be straight!

I host multiple events for outsiders. I encourage it. You need to get you facts straight before you get someone hurt by trying to be a cool guy. End of topic..

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
I'm trying to promote valdez as a travel destination and not discourage people from coming here.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Please move this to PM's, if you want to keep the name calling up.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
The name calling and profanity can end now otherwise you can go on vacation. There are better ways to get your point across while still GETTING YOUR POINT ACROSS. BTW when you signed up to this site you AGREED to the rules that this is a PG FAMILY site. Regardless of if you read them or not this is the one and only warning Im going to give regarding this. Clean it up.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I just want to add, from an objective point of view.

Spook is a known rider from Valdez who, I'm sure, is very educated on the dangers of his riding area. He's been living there some years now and I would heed any warnings he puts out there.

Don't be lured by the thoughts of deep snow unless you plan on staying low in the mash potatoes. These avalanche warnings are there for a reason, and from EXPERIENCE.

L
Jan 31, 2010
I have to say spook is right, although we did just get some more snow things are still pretty skinny compared to usual. I have ridden in this area for 20+ years and know spook personally, he is a reputable rider has delt first hand with retrieving dead bodies from avalanches. so he is not just talking smack but he has no time for mis information.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Can anybody ride near Valdez with me tomorrow Thursday, Feb. 17th. Get a hold of me. I sure would appreciate it since I have nobody to ride with. THANX :devil:

Last edited:
Premium Features