• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"For Sale" thread options

Leave "For Sale" threads here, or move to swap

• Leave threads in 1M section

Votes: 48 68.6%
  • Move threads to Swap

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Other (Please detail in reply)

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
There have been quite a few "For Sale" threads in here. I've been leaving them because I figured most interested people would already be here, and wouldn't mind seeing them.

I just thought I'd see what the consensus was as to whether to leave this type of thread here.

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
What about a 1m swap meet?

I am sorry but if see them I move them. I do leave for a bit but I do move them.

I have been thinking about this a lot lately as looking for 1m to part out need motor and cant seem to move them for what they are worth.

Would you like to see it as a sticky as a parts thread? why not just do that. Lets start a 1m parts thread and then post in it and just put it as a sticky?

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
looks like my last post got wiped - so this means we post and look in three areas? the black bar swapmeet, the blue swapmeet and now here

was it the comment that I missed the old snowest that made the cut?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
looks like my last post got wiped - so this means we post and look in three areas? the black bar swapmeet, the blue swapmeet and now here

LMAO i seen it before it went poof.

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
SPOMEY'S opinion aside... this is the only place I would go (and do... first) WAY TOO MANY adds in the general swapmeet to find what im after (and havent yet). In just the last month I found my replacement A-arms, then a whole set of replacement plastics on the 1M thread, nothin in swapmeet. If guys have 1M parts... this is where they're likely to be. Thats my opinion. (and if you clear it monthly, I bet it would work ok. guys lookin to buy or sell would still be active so they can "update" their thread that way.)

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I'd like the for sale and wanted ads for 1m's to stay here. I hate having to dig through the swap meet to find stuff for our sleds.

Or maybe the swapmeet needs to be broke down into subsections, just like the info sections.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
The TTT will not work because we will remove it once a month to keep current and Delete TTT.

I consolidated mainly because they were in the place that we want only items not comments on the idea. I wanted to just move them hear but could not do it so I took all the post and put them together so it should still be there just moved.

Originally Posted by spomey View Post

LMAO i seen it before it went poof.

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
NO STICKY NO STICKY NO STICKY!
I like the sticky for info posts but I have seen the F/S stickys used in other threads and it sucks. You get 5 pages of parts for sale and the 1st page has parts for sale that have been sold already and that sticky stays at the top where it just sits there. I say post F/S and WTB parts In the seld forum that the parts are use on and when the parts sell it get pushed off the 1st page.
I say leave leave F/S and WTB alone and it will be all good in the end.

Last edited:

DirtdoctorLJ

Lifetime Membership
Mar 10, 2008
Miller, SD 57362
hmm

Just a thought as the for sale seems like it could be a mess, what if the thread was "NEED" instead of "for sale". You post what you need and if anybody has it they could PM you.

122809_1603[01].jpg

Last edited:

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Will the site have just mountain stuff in it? Might be wise to also have one for trail as well. I know a lot of these parts are interchangeable but might add too much to just one site.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
am i the only one that uses the for swapmeet to find stuff that maybe I wasn't looking for? I buy stuff for my sleds and find stuff for riding buddies all the time. What if your not all BRAND LOYAL and you own 2 or 3 different brands of sled (oh no could it be,,,,,) then you'll search all day and still feel like you probably missed something.

my thought

leave the swapmeet alone and let it be the only place (and only one swapmeet)
then make it easily searchable....
when you put something in, you ID what sled/brand it fits or what it is off of. if you want something particular you search for that brand and model. with pop down menues it would only add a few seconds onto your for sale posts.

Ya know like a searchable database - all the info in one area, look there...search all the info for specific items or just brows everything.

and SW is sending confusing messages....dont post here oh wait do post here, no-dont post here.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
This section should be left for teck info, the swap meet should be divided into brand catagories when the item is brand specific.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
when you put something in, you ID what sled/brand it fits or what it is off of. if you want something particular you search for that brand and model. with pop down menues it would only add a few seconds onto your for sale posts.

Ya know like a searchable database - all the info in one area, look there...search all the info for specific items or just brows everything.

and SW is sending confusing messages....dont post here oh wait do post here, no-dont post here.

I like that idea. I hate the swapmeet cause it is hard to find specific things for your sled. The search this thread option sucks.

Premium Features