• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fix or part out?

T
Feb 14, 2008
Golden BC
i totaled the front of my sled (04 800 x 151) and theres a lot of bent and torn parts. plastic is all ok but the whole front end structural parts are shot even the bulkhead is pushed into the recoil. not sure if the damage goes further back into the tunnel. an arm is bent but shocks ok. im not worried about fixing it i know it will take a bit of time dont think the parts are to expensive and i will patch up what i can.

people have been asking me if i want to sell parts just wondering if this would be a good way to go maybe make more off parts than fixing it and keeping for a spare

any opinions or ideas?

i have a new sled to ride (08 xp 800 146) right now so no big rush to get it working

F
Dec 3, 2007
Are the clutches still in alignment? If they are visably not parallel anymore than the bulkhead is likely bent and thats I think about 1500 bucks just for that without labor and it's a pain. You might consider parting it out.

T
Feb 14, 2008
Golden BC
havent had a chance to tear it down and look at it to busy riding the new sled. will post it if i decide to part out. thinkin of a making a little short track machine to play around and want to swap my motor into it does anyone know much about this. like into a 440 chassis?

Premium Features