• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

question on hill climb shocks

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
on the shock body theres a screw that you can set it to soft or hard,do you adjust it by turns in?? if you turn it all the way counter clock wise and then turn it clock wise its a total of about 8 full turns,so my question is how do you adjust them? do I start out all the way counter clock wise and adjust a half turn at a time clock wise until I get the ride I want?? anyone adjust theres yet?:confused:

S
Feb 6, 2008
On mine I turned counter clockwise until stopped then counted all of the clicks until bottomed out clockwise then set right in the middle. during first ride fine tuned from there. I think I only ended up being 2-3 clicks over middle towards the more compression side.

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
On mine I turned counter clockwise until stopped then counted all of the clicks until bottomed out clockwise then set right in the middle. during first ride fine tuned from there. I think I only ended up being 2-3 clicks over middle towards the more compression side.
That is what i did too, i had to soften mine up a little bit though it was buckin like a bull whenever i landed hard. Now it has a little slower rebound than i want but no biggie.

S
Nov 14, 2008
calgary
The farther you turn in the clicker, the slower you rebound will be.
The harder and faster you ride through bumps/whoops, the slower you want your rear rebounding.

Slowing down the rebound helps more than one thinks, it insures your sled does not ride like a pogo stick and piledrive you into the trail.

Ricky Carmicheal runs really slow rebound.......

Last edited:

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
Be careful when slowing your rebound though becasue you can go too far. When going through whoops when you hit the first bump, if the rebound is too slow then the suspension will not be able to extract quick enough to be ready for the second bump and the third and so on. When rebound is too slow then the suspension just compresses farther and farther with every whoop bump that you hit and eventually bottoms out and throws you off.

Premium Features