• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help, 900 RMK Chain Case

P
Dec 21, 2008
I had a 2005 RMK 900 and this was a recall item....check with your dealer but mine put a new one on there, I believe it was aluminum.......

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I talked to my dealer they don't do any recalls on sleds that are out of warranty

This is not accurate. recalls are done out of warranty ... especially if it is a safety issue.

Your dealer is not telling you the correct information.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
Recall and warranty are two differnent things. If your dealer won't do recalls your dealer sucks. go somewhere else. What kind of can do you have on? I found the slp was too close to the chaincase. I have the mbrp can now and no more problems. You should be able to order the metal bracket for your chaincase and put it on your self.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Avid Products and Fastrax make billet covers. Recalls are done out of warranty no matter what, but I believe it was the lower bracket only, I would find a different dealer.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
What Can and what insulation are you running???

Aftermarket covers are avail for the 2006's

NOTHING for the 2005's

On the 2005's... Install a new cover, update bracket from polaris , insulate (with top notch ceramic insulation... not tape or mylar fiberglass), clean the cover and the case and use Permatex Ultra-Black on the cover.

All this stuff is laid out in my other post.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74068

Last edited:
K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
The dealer did the recall on mine a couple weeks ago,my cover was still good, the recall is for a small bracket to be put on at the bottom of the cover i don't know for sure if they will replace the cover on warranty in my mind it should be, but either way once fixed if they still use the oem one it better come with it and be free, thats what they did the recall for in the first place warping. Let polaris know he won't do the recall.

A
Sep 17, 2008
they did mine

Last year my chaincase warped, blew my chain and gears. I went to the dealer then and purchased all parts needed. The dealer sent out a request to polaris for a refund for all the parts. Two weeks later polaris had a cheque for me for the entire cost of Cover, chain, gears, and bracket. So I would ask your dealer to get of his a$$ and do his job.

cheers
dan

R
Jan 2, 2008
northern utah
I am running cpi can . And there is no little clip on the bottom of chain case cover just six or so bolts. This is twice in 2 years it not leaking out of seals behind the gears and there is no ding in the seal area @ $300 a time need to fix the problem.gears are not bad its the bearings and seal that are a pain in the a##.what does this clip look like can I buy one somewhere.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
204--

sucks you had issues with such a simple fix..

just like mountain horse posted above..read the the thread link he attached above..it will answer EVERYTHING you asked and more and will solve your problems..

but here is the info for the bracket (dont know what year your sled is so-

---The 2005 bracket is part 1016191-329 and you will need 2 longer bolts 7512242

---The part # for the 2006- 2008 bracket is 5251316-329 and longer bolts are not needed

Mountain Horse has the thread for the fix. Just follow the instructions like I did and you are good to go. Yea, gets expensive. I blew two sets of gears before Mountain Horse helped me.
Dealer said the last time they would warranty but charge for labor, $300, I said the hell with it....just give me the parts (I paid) and I'll fix it myself. all good now.
Mine has a 975 kit and a stinger that gets hot. The material you stick on the outside of the chain case cover is crucial. You can get it from Summit Racing. I believe it will with stand 1600 degrees.
Don't forget to get the bracket that goes on the bottom of the chain case.
I got my stuff from Carl's Cycle in Idaho and they should have the bracket.

Premium Features