• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who makes a big bore kit for xp?

R

Ringer

Jan 1, 2008
Central Alberta
Who makes the best big bore kit for the xp's and how much more hp does it give them ? I know a guy who bought an xp this year and he's in a little denial about his weight , i think he will need the extra power just to keep up with transporter and his friends
any help would be apreciated

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i rand split seconds 880 bb kit last year and it was a blast, i had many buddies with stock xps, and so on, and never seen the taillights, i was running over 20 grams in the primary and it never pulled down on long pulls, as for comparing, the 880 kit stood out

now i also new that BJ and sledshed made a rocking 860 kit

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
RKT, Terra Alps racing, Big John and Turbo Al are probably the more popular ones you will see. I've never seen anything come out of Bikeman that was forth a dam. I'll have my RKT kit installed and runing by the end of the week. I'll give a full report.

Trigstad, does alot of RMSHA skidoo race sleds.

I seond this and then some. Trygstad motors work incredible. I know there's a couple guys on here running them. If you've ever seen the Team Summit series, Shane Kelly an Jesse O'Rourke run them and they do amazing things.
My next big mod for my XP will definatley be a Trygstad mod motor. :D

Good Luck
Jay :beer;

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I seond this and then some. Trygstad motors work incredible. I know there's a couple guys on here running them. If you've ever seen the Team Summit series, Shane Kelly an Jesse O'Rourke run them and they do amazing things.

Good Luck

This is true...Dave makes about 8-10 more hp...but its at a price...$600 more than mine and NO jetting/clutching specs...its a "here ya go" type thing, not that its a bad thing, he just deals with racers and they doo the field work themselves...the other draw back is "his" time frame to get one out...big name racers are first in line...I try to stock 1 or 2 860R on the shelf...BJ

M
Nov 27, 2007
big John are you still using the same german made pistons and rkt head for your kits that Kelsey uses?i have been wondering why Kelsey 's stuff gets slagged alot and yours dont when the only real difference is the porting.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Maybe it's customer service and honesty? BIG JOHN answered all of my "annoying" phones calls and shoots from the hip, not the Dyno Jet/Graph.

D
Oct 17, 2008
Oak Grove, MN
X2 on BJ's kit. Go over to dootalk, and see what all the guys have to say about his kit in addition to service. I don't have one installed myself, but see alot of good feedback over there on both performance and service.

M
Nov 27, 2007
tell you what trinity it doesnt take alot of skill or knowledge to peddle second hand information or products. i talked with the aforementioned fellow last spring about some cluthing issues with a rkt kit and the first thing that i heard was how poorly everyone elses kits were working ..give me a break,you bore out the jugs do a little gouging on the ports throw it in a box with some pistons and gaskets and you have a doo bb kit.hp and torque #s between all the shops are pretty close,if they are all the same compression .

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
big John are you still using the same german made pistons and rkt head for your kits that Kelsey uses?i have been wondering why Kelsey 's stuff gets slagged alot and yours dont when the only real difference is the porting.

The 860R doesnt use the "german pistons"....cast factory 2 ringers...the reason my kits dont get slammed is the aformentioned time spent with customers and my baseline jetting set up is spot on...:cool:

I just put a 860R XP togather last Thur., the customer picked it up went to the Black Hills for 2 days of riding...dropped clickers 1 (over rev)...and with the "fresh" combo (motor,clutching,jetting,gearing) made his riding buddies look bad...I heard they might call for motors...:beer;

As for your last post?? hope you werent talking about me... I dont slam the "other guy"...sometimes though, I wonder why guys who buy the "other guys stuff" call me for help??? and after the 100th call I might get a little short..:face-icon-small-sho-BJ

BTW- If a BB kit is "just boring and gouging"...weres YOUR 171 hp pump gas safe kit with matching clutching/jetting for anyone from 1,000'-10,000' elevation kit???

Last edited:
O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
tell you what trinity it doesnt take alot of skill or knowledge to peddle second hand information or products. i talked with the aforementioned fellow last spring about some cluthing issues with a rkt kit and the first thing that i heard was how poorly everyone elses kits were working ..give me a break,you bore out the jugs do a little gouging on the ports throw it in a box with some pistons and gaskets and you have a doo bb kit.hp and torque #s between all the shops are pretty close,if they are all the same compression .

Ditto, It ain't rocket science.

And yes if you call trigstads race teams are 1st priority ...I just a got a set of cheaters from him the other week, im not so sure that would be the case if i called today.

OT

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007

Does this mean we aren't friends? What are you talking about?? All I said was that BIG JOHN treated me better than any other guy. The only other guy that give me that much of his time and knowledge was Tom Dines, from Toms Snowmobile service. I had a bunch of questions about his Evol air, and just like BIG JOHN, he was more than happy to spend 45 minutes on the phone with me, giving me the scoop. It sounds as though you could make an 860 of your own. You know, little gouging, some pistons, and whamo, your the new 860 king:eek:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

Good Luck

I run a Trigstad 880 with race crank, Incredible power, Other post are spot on. I have to do my own jetting and Big John sends you a motor Turn key ready to ride.By the way mine runs nose to nose with a Turbo Dragon

Premium Features