• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rock and Roll turbo on a Apex need some help

I
Jan 13, 2008
I need some help from you Yamaha guys. I have been riding a Cat for years so I don't know much about a Apex but I know this form does. I'm considering buying turbo Apex 2007 se built by LCC in WY. The machine has only 200 miles on it is like new. My question is on the turbo it's a Rock and Roll turbo are they good or bad. Thanks maybe x Arctic Cat rider.

Last edited:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
In the last few years I can't remember anyone mentioning a rock and roll branded turbo... maybe he was saying it was ready to rock?

Sent from my Commando

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
This is just a custom system that Troy builds out of his shop. I'm betting it works very well.
I don't know what he uses for fueling but you can always have a boost-it system installed.

good luck

Last edited:
I
Jan 13, 2008
This is what I found out. The turbo is made in the shop and still is supported. This is Troy's own design and LCC has installed it on many sled including his own. I was just looking for input from someone other the builder. They always will tell it is the best;) This is a 50/50 race fuel system 19 psi but can be turned down to 12 psi so I can run pump gas. This system was 10g to install sound a little steep.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT
Runs GREAT

It's a mid-mount setup that works great. As far as fueling options, it would be whatever is on it. When he first started building the kits he was using the gems (attitude) to fuel. There are a bunch of different fueling options out there now.

I had Troy build mine in January 08. My sled had the break in miles put on it prior to the turbo install and I just turned 5,900 miles and it has been bullet proof.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any sled LCC has built. If you start looking at the small things (no butt connectors on wiring, hoses, clamps, etc) his attention to detail is second to none.

Dub

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
This is what I found out. The turbo is made in the shop and still is supported. This is Troy's own design and LCC has installed it on many sled including his own. I was just looking for input from someone other the builder. They always will tell it is the best;) This is a 50/50 race fuel system 19 psi but can be turned down to 12 psi so I can run pump gas. This system was 10g to install sound a little steep.
Thanks for the input.

10 grand for any turbo system is way to steep, but we pay for the HP and sport, not for the actual worth.

Good luck with your adventure and let us know how it works out!!

T
Mar 30, 2010
sounds like your wallet got rocked! and the sled doesn't. I have seen several of them he went from the alpine/ powderlites header to something that looks like the diamond s setup! to deal with all the headers failing. scott was 1st with the rev tank setup and boss seat combo and i think there kits are pretty much the same stuff just small changes from one to the other. Scott uses a boondocker box with aux injectors and lcc used a attitude or pure logic on the most recent one i saw. what does the sled not do? run rough low speed bog or not even build boost? first off make sure u are building good vacum at idle throttle bodies could have blown off the motor or some part of your intake tract. good luck

I
Jan 13, 2008
thanks

Thanks for all the info opinions help. I will post what I think at the end of the year. This will give me some time on it. I do look forward to 300 hp sound like fun!:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features