• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handwarmers quit working..

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
Okay so it's pretty simple. Handwarmers quit working! I traced wiring down to bulkhead and there's no breaks or shorts. Up inside the gauge cluster for the hand warmers I don't seem to have power going into the warmer wiring nor the connector that plugs into warmer button selectors.

Bad instrumentation?
Bad wiring harness? Bad ground?

Anyone run into this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I guess I would get a tester to know where you have current and where you don't. I fought a hand warmer on an 02 where it would burn out the element every 5 rides or so.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Did it quit on you entirely or does the low setting still work?
This happen to me too, and it was the wire going into the heating element that had broke of.
Got new from dealer and works perfect now :)

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
Did it quit on you entirely or does the low setting still work?
This happen to me too, and it was the wire going into the heating element that had broke of.
Got new from dealer and works perfect now :)

Quit entirely. I used a tester and traced it all the way down to chassis. I just wasnt sure if there was a resistor or relay or something that could possibly be bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
^^^^^^ check your fuse. Mine did this and it was the fuse.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I couldn't find a fuse anywhere! Where would this infamous fuse be?

B-Ridge Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Michigan
Nose of your sled by the ecu there's two wire that are just sticking out with covers on them. It's the wide skinny one. Take the right side panel off and you should see it. If not take the hood off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
Nose of your sled by the ecu there's two wire that are just sticking out with covers on them. It's the wide skinny one. Take the right side panel off and you should see it. If not take the hood off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay first off, I feel like a jackass! I kept looking past the fuses because I thought that was a diagnostics plug in. Second, I had a blown 15 fuse. Replaced and my hands will now be WARM!!

Premium Features