• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
what make are the fold down couches,beds.
Hmm
Not really sure.
They came directly from Mirage as a factory option.
I don't recall seeing any identifying labels on them.

http://parts.mirageinc.com/rv-sofa-bed#.UvRc0rStLzM

0000627_rv-sofa-bed.jpeg

Our 73" Roll-over Sofa Bed is a great solution for a seating/sleeping area for your enclosed trailer, toy hauler, or camper.

• Steel Frame for Durability
  • Folds Against Wall For Travel
  • Folds Flat For Sleeping Area
  • Easy Locking Legs
  • Virtually Stainproof - Wipes Clean w/ A Damp Cloth
DIMENSIONS

• Length: 73"
  • Width (in Bed mode): 39"
  • Height (in Sofa mode): 31"
  • Platform Height: 19"

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Because of the heater in the trailer I wanted to make sure I had two aditional accessories installed.

First was a good CARBON MONOXIDE detector
picture.php

Second was a FIRE EXTINGUISHER
picture.php

Comments.
Pretty much every time we start the sleds up inside of the trailer the CO detector goes off within a couple minutes! And will remain on for quite some time unless we VENT the trailer. That means front and rear doors OPEN and move some air through.

The fire extinguisher is great, but for some unknown reason they mounted it down LOW by the floor? Would seem to me far better to mount it up HIGH where nothing is going to hit it or knock if out of it's mount?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The light switches are simple enough.
Large one for the 120v Flouresents, small ones for the 12v interior and exterior light.
The big black one is for the retractable awning.
picture.php

picture.php

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
Do you have any pictures of how the Superclamps work with the E-track, I have contacted Superclamps a few different times and they keep telling me they won't work with E-track.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Do you have any pictures of how the Superclamps work with the E-track, I have contacted Superclamps a few different times and they keep telling me they won't work with E-track.
I have not yet crossed that bridge.
I have a full set of the SuperClamps, but have not sat down and tried to interface them into the E-Track. I DO think it can be done, but I am not sure how well. They strongly urged me to drill the floor and make a permanent mounting point for the SuperClamp rather than trying to interface it into the E-Track.

Will have to get back to you on that one when I am ready to do the install of it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While I opted to have the fancy E-Track installed in my trailer, all of the trailers come standard with the old reliable flush mounted Steel Rings.
My trailer came with SIX of them preinstalled.
2 in the front, 2 in the middle, and 2 at the rear.

While I am still awaiting the arrival of my E-Track tiedowns, I have been making VERY good use of the factory rings!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I disconnected the CO detector in my trailer, too damn noisy for too long. You can always hook it back up once sledding is done. Unless you're sleeping in the trailer, I see no need for it.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I have not yet crossed that bridge.
I have a full set of the SuperClamps, but have not sat down and tried to interface them into the E-Track. I DO think it can be done, but I am not sure how well. They strongly urged me to drill the floor and make a permanent mounting point for the SuperClamp rather than trying to interface it into the E-Track.

Will have to get back to you on that one when I am ready to do the install of it.

Sounds good, keep us updated on how it works, that would be the ultimate tie down system!! Love the trailer too!!

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I disconnected the CO detector in my trailer, too damn noisy for too long. You can always hook it back up once sledding is done. Unless you're sleeping in the trailer, I see no need for it.

I didn't know they made any noise but I'm pretty sure they'll drain your battery pretty quick if you're not plugged in. At least that was my experience with our fifth wheel camp trailer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, its been a real mixed blessing Rich.
Pretty much 100% of the time we start the sleds up the alarm goes off and it keeps in sounding till we have aired out the whole trailer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another item I had installed was a stainless steel shelf.
LOVE THE SHELF!
We use it constantly.
In fact I should have installed MORE of them and probably will ADD another.

One negative, and this is no reflection on Mirage, but given my specific sleds with risers, I need to RAISE this shelf up about 1 inch to make sure my grips don't catch the very bottom of the supports. So long as I am ON the sled and weighing it down just a bit its fine. But if I tried to walk the sled out of the trailer without riding it, it would touch and get hung up on the shelf.

picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
One of the MAJOR features on the trailer is the Stereo!
Man, having tunes to listen to when getting ready for the ride or after the ride is just SOOOO nice!

The stereo system is center mounted in a double door cabinet.
picture.php

Its fully back lit.
picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Directly below the stereo is a small cubbyhole with the master power switch to the stereo system and a 12 volt cigarette lighter socket.

picture.php

Now, here is something I WOULD like to change.
I would ditch the cigarette ligther and replace it with.

#1. a 120volt AC outlet
and
#2 a USB outlet.

Maybe something like this???

usb-wall-plate.jpg

Lets face it.
We all need to charge our phones and camera and ect..
USB is just the way to go now.

Given how many "devices" we have, something like this might be even better.

ivlarge.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The cabinet has two large storage areas.
picture.php

When the doors open, they latch to a clip on the roof.
picture.php

Both doors can be latched open with these clips making access VERY easy.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The Righthand side is unheated at ambient temp.
The Leftside is HEATED so you can dry Gloves, helmet, goggles, ect
picture.php

Heat comes in from the top left and vents out through the bottom
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Interior Lights

One of the things I really wanted to ensure on this trailer was GREAT INSIDE LIGHTING. So I went with a combination of DC and AC lighting for the inside.
I had 6 overhead DC lights installed plus 1 under cabinet DC light. And as you can see that throws off a pretty decent amount of light.
picture.php

I then added three AC Florescent lights, Two overhead centerline, and one directly over a work bench.
picture.php

When BOTH the AC and the DC lights are turned on, the interior is BRIGHTLY LIT up and ready to work on sleds!!
picture.php

This is just ambient light coming in from the rear of the trailer with the door wide open on a bright day
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And since I wanted to be able to use this trailer at NIGHT in the Summer as well as in the winter, I wanted a good amount of light on the OUTSIDE of the trailer as well.

So I had Mirage install Double LED Lights over the front loading ramp.
picture.php

picture.php

Double LED lights over the rear loading ramp
picture.php

Premium Features