• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers-excellent experience

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I just have to say that Mirage Trailers has really backed their product well for us. We are going into our fourth season with our 3-place Extreme Snow. There were a couple small issues that they previously took care of, then on Wednesday we had the left side of the rear axle spin internally which causes the wheel to jam up against the bottom of the trailer. I called Mirage, who's factory is located about 12 minutes from my house. They said drop it off and they would get something done about it. That was yesterday. Rob from Mirage just called to ask if there were any other issues they needed to address, which there were not. They replaced BOTH axles with new ones at no charge. No whinig or begging on my part, they just did it on their own. I am so extremely impressed with these guys...........

S
Nov 26, 2007
Farr West, Utah
Mirage trailers

Im heading there tomorrow (wed. @ 12:00p.m.) im driving 300 miles,
i wish it was 12. I also talked to Rob and he told me he would take
care of any issues i have had with the trailer for no charge! thats awesome
especially since its an 07. My next trailer will be a Mirage!
I will post how it turned out.

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
Good to see that people are having good luck with mirage. I absolutely love mine and will purchase that black out next. Everyone there is super easy to talk to and the prices are really low.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
When I'm ready to buy an enclosed trailer, I plan on heading up to Boise to pick one up. I'll buy straight from this Rob guy. It's worth the extra travel time to get good cust. service, and know your gonna be taken care of in the future.

It seems like most of the dealers around only care about the sale, then could care less if something happens to you a year down the road. They already made there money. I looked at there new trailers down at the snow show, and there awesome.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Good to here since so many people were having problems with them.

I was steering away from mirage for that reason.

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I can't believe there was no RECALL in these trailers. You still hear of these axles failing to this day.
Do we have to wait until someone gets killed?:face-icon-small-sad

Actually Marcuso there was a recall on these axles and I had that work performed. This failure was a different issue alltogether and had nothing to do with Mirage Trailers workmanship. It was a failure of the interior rubber parts of one side of the torsion axle. This axle company is no longer in business. They had a one year warranty, however Mirage covered the axle after 3-1/2 years and replaced the other axle also at no charge.

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
I said I'd post up some photo's from the damage to the trailer when the axles failed. I did some research on the issues with the Mirage trailers and have found a number of recalls in the States that have never been mentioned nor have any customers in Canada been notified of these particular issues. You can find the recalls in the NHTSA, I made a phone call to get more information from NHTSA and was genuinely impressed that they were all ears with my particular issue.

So back in June of 2011 contact was made with the dealer that sold the trailer (they no longer carry the product) they explained they don't sell the product and wished us luck on getting Mirage to stand behind the warranty on the trailer as it was common practice to wash their hands of any issues. (do a simple google search on Mirage Trailer Issues) and you'll be amazed at what you find. All common issues from trailer to trailer to trailer and in dealing with Mirage to get issues fixed.

An e mail was sent to Rob Swikirt and the warranty department in June of 2011, the warranty department said to give the axle manufacturer a call and washed their hands of any further dealings.

When I posted the above in October Rob from Mirage sent me a pm asking if I had an axe to grind with Mirage when I explained I didn't have an axe to grind rather I had an issue he asked for the information on the trailer and details of the issues with the failure. I sent the information and photo's to Rob which he received back in June of 2011 once again but claims to have never heard of any concern?

When I did hear back from Rob it was a lame excuse / reason the axle failed and then nothing for two weeks. I once again sent an e mail asking if they were going to do anything or honour the warranty for their product. I received a simple e mail from Rob saying we can't reimburse you for your troubles. So $5,200.00 out of pocket (not including labor) to fix what should have been covered under warranty?

Not once did I ask or demand anything rather left it up to them to see what they wanted to do about the issue.

SO WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM MIRAGE IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE:
1. Nothing, they will not stand behind their product, nor will they honour the warranty that comes with the purchase of a trailer they build.
2. The run around to waste your time.
3. Unethical business practices from a dealer that has no concern about the product once it's left the yard.

I have also talked to a few dealers that sold Mirage Trailers here in Canada and a common theme keeps coming up, Mirage will no warranty anything, the dealers take care of small issues at their cost to keep the customer happy and retain their reputation as they want to stay in business. Eventually the dealer can not continue to carry the Mirage line due to financial impacts and damage to their reputation so they have to drop Mirage and pick up another line of reputable manufacturer.
073.jpg

074.jpg

080.jpg

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Your lucky you got warranty. After only two years MIRAGE has refused warranty on it or will not recognize issues.

There was a recall posted on the NHTSA that dealt with the axles and hangers / welds where they would fail.

These recalls were never notified to the Canadian customers and now the NHTSA is looking into it.

If that's the case I will assure you there have been many failures here in Canada and a class action suit will more than likely be coming.

Actually Marcuso there was a recall on these axles and I had that work performed. This failure was a different issue alltogether and had nothing to do with Mirage Trailers workmanship. It was a failure of the interior rubber parts of one side of the torsion axle. This axle company is no longer in business. They had a one year warranty, however Mirage covered the axle after 3-1/2 years and replaced the other axle also at no charge.

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
No, I'm not lucky. I know of several people that have been taken care off after the warranty had expired.

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Dale, why don't you give Rob a call...... Only take a minute. The answer to every question is NO, if the question is never asked.

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
I am sure I'll get the same answer I did via e mail which has been the same disregard of any form of acknowledgement of responsibility since June.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I was looking for an enclosed this year. I looked hard at the Mirage in town. They looked like great trailers but I just couldn't commit myself do buying one with their track record. I went with a Chramac and couldn't be happier!! I mean it's a trailer. There's not much to them. There really shouldn't be any warranty claims. I know stuff happens but Mirage just seems to have a rediculous mount of claims and some of them large...like axles falling off

I
Dec 4, 2011
Totally Different Experience for me!

Mine is only 3 years old. Just paid them $1100 to replace the fuel tank that had disappeared due to bad welds on mounting tabs and bad installation as well as cracks in my axles. Never met Rob. Curtis is who I've dealt with in the past but he wasn't there. Guy I worked with this time I think was Shane but he was covering and just the messenger. See full experience here - http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287944

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
If any of you on here own one do yourself a favour and crawl underneath it and check out the welds on you axles to make sure they are in fact still holding.

Last edited by a moderator:
C
Apr 15, 2008
One Year Warranty

So, I called Ford the other day about my 2005 F-150 because the heater fan broke in it. They had the audacity to charge me for the replacement parts and labor. I don't know how these companies stay in business when they refuse to fix products that are out of warranty for free.

Frankly, I should be able to take my old pickup back the dealership and have it replaced with a brand new model for free. I mean I did buy a pickup back in 2005, and that entitles me to free repairs for life. It doesn't matter what the warranty says.

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Sorry you obviouly missed something. The trailer has a 3 year warranty and at time of failure was 15 months old.

Although your point is valid when there is no warranty, what would your expectation be if there was warranty?

So, I called Ford the other day about my 2005 F-150 because the heater fan broke in it. They had the audacity to charge me for the replacement parts and labor. I don't know how these companies stay in business when they refuse to fix products that are out of warranty for free.

Frankly, I should be able to take my old pickup back the dealership and have it replaced with a brand new model for free. I mean I did buy a pickup back in 2005, and that entitles me to free repairs for life. It doesn't matter what the warranty says.

C
Apr 15, 2008
Sorry, but I missed nothing.

http://www.miragetrailers.com/index.php/documentation/limited-warranty.html

It's spelled in massive, bold letters that Mirage Trailers are warranted for 1 year, not 3. Furthermore, it also clearly states that axles are covered under the axle manufacturer. So, did you try getting in touch with the axle manufacturer before you blew 5200 bucks on repairs?

No offense, but it sounds like you should be angry at whoever fleeced you for 5200 bucks for repairs (not including labor). That's half the price of a brand new trailer for crying out loud.

Also, consider this. Most manufacturers on Earth will immediately void a warranty if you attempt repairs on your own. For instance, many electronics devices have a special seal that breaks when the device is taken apart. Breaking that seal immediately voids the warranty. I can't imagine any manufacturer simply taking a customer at their word that they performed thousands of dollars in repairs without any sort of contact/photos/consultation prior to the work.

If I were you, I would have consulted with Mirage before just diving in and attempting the repair. I've never had a problem with repairs on my trailer when dealing with Mirage.

Last edited:
Premium Features