• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a good low elevation Alaska tuned setup

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
So I brought the '05 900 RMK 174" to Alaska from Montana. I had 10-70 weights and installed the 10-74 weights. It seems to pull really good on the bottom and mid range but somethings lacking terribly on the top end. I do have a fuel controller but everything should be compensated for??? I am thinking it is in the clutching as the secondary has been too tight for a year (track spins when lifted) and I just swapped out weights. What do you AK guys run on your 900's. Keep in mind this sled has an opened up stock intake, vForce 3 reeds, RK Tech 3,000'-6,000' Billet head (no t-stat), HTG pipe rebuilt by Dynoport, Sno-Stuff can, Attitude Industries EFI controller, 174" track with smaller drivers = 2.21:1 gear ratio. Thanx in advance

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
So I brought the '05 900 RMK 174" to Alaska from Montana. I had 10-70 weights and installed the 10-74 weights. It seems to pull really good on the bottom and mid range but somethings lacking terribly on the top end. I do have a fuel controller but everything should be compensated for??? I am thinking it is in the clutching as the secondary has been too tight for a year (track spins when lifted) and I just swapped out weights. What do you AK guys run on your 900's. Keep in mind this sled has an opened up stock intake, vForce 3 reeds, RK Tech 3,000'-6,000' Billet head (no t-stat), HTG pipe rebuilt by Dynoport, Sno-Stuff can, Attitude Industries EFI controller, 174" track with smaller drivers = 2.21:1 gear ratio. Thanx in advance

What helix do you have on the driven clutch?

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I have the stock helix in it. Would like to try out the 66-42-46/66-44-46 helix someday when the money is right. I know I need to adjust what I got because the belt is too tight. Something I've never done with a Team clutch.... Any advice? Also been thinking about putting my other belt on but I believe its beyond being just a bad belt... :devil:

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
What size track did it have before the 174? You don't need that much up here. Maybe if you ride in Valez. Do you have the old rails and track still? I think its your helix.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I don't have any of that here(stock rails), and this works so much better than a 166" imo. It has lower gearing and that and the track made it take off better. I'm just wanting to fine tune the engine's performance and you might be right about the helix. But I've got bigger problems at the moment...

Premium Features