• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 edge x 600gauge lights?

R
Dec 10, 2010
my 02 edge x 600 gauges dont light up... the "brake" light comes on when i hit the brake and high beam indicator works but thats it... no reverse light, no pemium fuel light no back lights on speedo or tach..total darkness at night.. is there a fuse or bulb/bulbs i can replace? i just bought sled and of course it was day time when i fired it up so i didnt get to see gauges not light up.. any help would be greatly appreciated... oh and my dimmer switch perfectly....

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
try unplugging the voltage regulator. Its located on the RH side footwell. If everything lights up real bright when its unhooked thats your problem. however DO NOT run the sled for too long without a voltage regulator as it will blow out all your bulbs and stuff.

R
Dec 10, 2010
i will have to try that .. another question/theory i have is if my tach is plugged in....and the tach works...... SHOULD the back light work?

Last edited:
R
Dec 10, 2010
just unplugged v.regulator....im assuming thats what it was anyways...mine happend to be on clutch side... in the footwell
one yellow wire.. i didnt see a difference

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
try unplugging the voltage regulator. Its located on the RH side footwell. If everything lights up real bright when its unhooked thats your problem. however DO NOT run the sled for too long without a voltage regulator as it will blow out all your bulbs and stuff.

this is a bad idea, it will blow all your bulbs right away. I would look at your hood harness. sounds like it is melted. maybe some one else ran the sled with the voltage regulator unplugged and blue all the bulbs.

R
Dec 10, 2010
my headlights tail and brake lights work great. theres just no illumination of the gauges and no reverse or premium indicator light... high beam indicator and brake indicator work

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
go to the back of the gauges and pull the bulbs out. maybe they are not in there. all they are is a marker light bulb. try different bulbs. sounds like a simple fix

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
this is a bad idea, it will blow all your bulbs right away. I would look at your hood harness. sounds like it is melted. maybe some one else ran the sled with the voltage regulator unplugged and blue all the bulbs.

Considering Ive done this about 10 times on several different sleds and only had one set of bulbs go bad after I learned the hard way by reving the motor up I have to say your wrong, if your careful it will be just fine. At least you will know if its the problem or not. At idle it will be just fine as the voltage output stays lower.

Last edited:
R
Dec 10, 2010
well thanks for everybodys help! sure enough there were bulbs..i should have just looked at the damn thing but when i was told they were a sealed unit, i thought i was in the market for a set of new gauges.. im off to the local parts store to grab 4 small marker bulbs..looks like the ones for my license plate light on my truck.. all four were blown..now i just hope that when i put them in they do 2 things... light up....and dont blow :face-icon-small-hap

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Considering Ive done this about 10 times on several different sleds and only had one set of bulbs go bad after I learned the hard way by reving the motor up I have to say your wrong, if your careful it will be just fine. At least you will know if its the problem or not. At idle it will be just fine as the voltage output stays lower.

but remember some of the people who read this would rev it up. the headlight bulbs are expensive. the thing is if the voltage regulator is bad nothing electrical will work including the tach. just trying to save people money because headlight bulbs are not cheap

R
Dec 10, 2010
well i replaced every bulb in the gauges and my reverse light and premium light still do not work...but at least i can see my gauges at night now... any ideas why my reverse light and premium light wont come on?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
well i replaced every bulb in the gauges and my reverse light and premium light still do not work...but at least i can see my gauges at night now... any ideas why my reverse light and premium light wont come on?

does it have perc on it? the hood harness is different. where you plug the hood harness into the main harness there is a 4 pin connector on the main harness there should be one on the hood harness also

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I have no idea on the manual reverse. but on the back of the ign swictch there should be a single wire that plugs into it and I am pretty sure the wire is pink/black but might be white/orange. for the premium light

R
Dec 10, 2010
ok thanks i will check for those color combinations near my ign.switch... i hate to seem whiney about such a small problem but hey... if the options there i would at least like it to work... does this mean that if i switch it to premium and the light doesnt come on that im on regular? also a buddy of mine told me to always run it on regular mode even tho i ONLY USE premium fuel... any opinions??

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I always fun my sleds on premium, if the key is in the first positon on then you are in premium and if it is unplugged you are in premium

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Reverse Light

Manual reverse does not turn on the light. In fact, most tachs prior to 2004 don't even have the middle bulb installed, just a rubber blank. I've robbed bulb holders from a donor tach when I have added PERC to my sleds.

Premium Features